Field of 68 - Offseason Grade | The Boneyard

Field of 68 - Offseason Grade

Reaction Score
I thought this was a very fair assessment. This roster is a National Championship contender, and Dauster is correct that Samson is the X factor for what our ceiling will be because Clingan can't play all 40 minutes.

I'm not sure what we could have done to earn an A or A+ offseason grade though. Maybe if Hawkins, Jackson, and Sanogo all came back lol but that was never going to happen.

Reaction Score
We lost guys Everyone loses guys. But the guys we have THIS YEAR are an A, not an A minus. This team has as much as anyone in the top ten. That's an A.
That's not what they graded - it was the team's offseason. It was not a grade of the overall roster.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
something they didn’t consider for their off-season grade is how we kept our entire coaching staff together.
that is great but did anyone get a serious offer?

Reaction Score
Any time we're either graded or ranked.... its usually under..... according to the "experts". No difference here.

Reaction Score
all valid points. we all know what to expect from upperclassmen & freshmen, if samson is serviceable this year then you get the A

Reaction Score
They should give an A instead of an A+. With winning national championship, top class, starting PG back, recruiting Samson back, perfect transfer. What else is there? Sanogo coming back with Clingan could never happen. But - who cares. We are happy fans.

Reaction Score
After winning a natty like we just did next season for me is all gravy. I have no doubt theyll be good and will make noise in March. I will be as rabid about winning in March as always but the frustration of not having a title in X amount of years is one thing i wont be stressing which usually adds to my anxiety.

Reaction Score
Certainly want a successful Big East season and want this team to compete at a high level in the out of conference schedule. But as far as national title expectations so many questions to answer even with a highly talented roster. Still need people you can go-to when the game is on the line, need to find a winning chemistry with lots of new pieces and it’s not easy.

I’m in the same boat as @TheChamps990411 just want to enjoy a solid season, no one and outs. Watch the kids grow and let it play out. Could end up being as good if not better than last year and lose early, one never knows. But like where we are for sure!

Reaction Score
Our projected starting five is solid and I can see impressive second year growth from Alex/Donovan.. Our second unit with Diarra/Samson and the freshmen will play an important role in how successful we will be in the BE and in March.. How quickly do they develop and contribute?? Expecting a different rhythm to this season vs last with our youth.. Could still be crazy good with our roster.

A-grade should change with one or two more commits to 24/25 in next 2-3 months.

Reaction Score
Only here can we take an A- and be mad about it. We lost our 3 best players, there has to be some impact on a grade with that guys…
But, but, but, this is the Boneyard isn't it? That's what we're here for isn't it? Finding the dark cloud? Forgetting the silver lining?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom