Field of 68: Big East Primer | The Boneyard

Field of 68: Big East Primer

Reaction Score

Skip to the 39 minute mark if you want to skip Fanta wedding and NCAA tourney expansion talk. It was a good listen if you want to get excited about conference play. Big East is going to be a war every night and I cant wait.

Reaction Score
I actually like Dauster's expansion plan.... if you have to expand, that's the way.

Rob's downplaying us a bit. Classic Husky move.

Reaction Score
Ironically midway through this episode as this thread started, lol. TO's take on NCAAT expansion to 128 teams is absolutely nuts. "Let's reward teams who weren't even powers in their own mid-major conference with an invite just so we can possibly see them upset a P4/5 team at home."

Even though I hate the idea of NCAAT expansion because it's inherently dilutive of the regular season, I can at least understand Rob's argument with conference tourney winners and regular season conference winners getting an automatic bid. Plus, his Big 10 example of sending "10-11 teams" to the dance with UCLA and USC joining the league is a fair take.

Reaction Score
Ironically midway through this episode as this thread started, lol. TO's take on NCAAT expansion to 128 teams is absolutely nuts. "Let's reward teams who weren't even powers in their own mid-major conference with an invite just so we can possibly see them upset a P4/5 team at home."

Even though I hate the idea of NCAAT expansion because it's inherently dilutive of the regular season, I can at least understand Rob's argument with conference tourney winners and regular season conference winners getting an automatic bid. Plus, his Big 10 example of sending "10-11 teams" to the dance with UCLA and USC joining the league is a fair take.
The late old very large Big East sent 10-11 teams so it’s not new ground .UConn was under .500 in conference in 2012 and 9-9 when they won it in 2011
Larger P conferences are a poor excuse for expansion Conferences typically prove their power in OC play . Conference than ever even with 2 less power conferences . The net change is l minimal .
Actually the current Big East is not a P4 conference so if you go by that there are less P teams
UCF, Houston ,BYU ,SMU , TCU have been added
Technically these teams have been dropped so it’s +2 or -4 teams .
UConn
USF
Georgetown
Villanova
Seton Hall
Providence
Marquette
DePaul
OSU
WSU

Online statistics

Members online