Field Hockey 2022 NCAA Final Four at UConn | The Boneyard

Field Hockey 2022 NCAA Final Four at UConn

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That is wonderful for the university
Here's hoping that the Huskies are playing in those games on home turf

Reaction Score
Wow, great for the unievrsity, if it happens, of course. Only question is if there are enough hotel rooms locally to host teams and their staff or are they going to stay out by Buckland Hills, Bradley or Hartford?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Second one we’ve hosted. Back in 1981 we hosted the first one.

Reaction Score
Big UConn field hockey fan here. Must improve the facility for the NCAAs. More seating, and the view from the stands across the field is butt ugly. The optics on TV (streaming?) will tarnish UConn's image.

Reaction Score
Big UConn field hockey fan here. Must improve the facility for the NCAAs. More seating, and the view from the stands across the field is butt ugly. The optics on TV (streaming?) will tarnish UConn's image.
check out the previous and upcoming championship sites before you criticize UConn’s facility. The 2017 site at Louisville abuts a McDonald’s, a gas station with a large convenience store and overlooks Interstate 65. The 2019 site at Wake Forest had the same field configuration as UConn. The 2020 site at ODU abuts an enormous rail yard with dozens and dozens of tracks.

Reaction Score

I assume that they will put temp bleachers across from the main stand on top of the track, which is fine as track & field will be indoors by then for the most part, and maybe at the north end of the field. They should put the cameras on a temporary stand on the same side, too, so that they can look at the coaches and sidelines. Not much to see there, except for a re-bricked college campus, which is what one would expect. Pull the camera back and spin in around and it would catch Gampel and, if mother nature cooperates, the fall folliage around campus, which is scenic and very New England.

Reaction Score
I assume that they will put temp bleachers across from the main stand on top of the track, which is fine as track & field will be indoors by then for the most part, and maybe at the north end of the field. They should put the cameras on a temporary stand on the same side, too, so that they can look at the coaches and sidelines. Not much to see there, except for a re-bricked college campus, which is what one would expect. Pull the camera back and spin in around and it would catch Gampel and, if mother nature cooperates, the fall folliage around campus, which is scenic and very New England.
The Alumni House and UConn Foundation Office which overlooks the scoreboard are impressive structures.

Reaction Score
Second one we’ve hosted. Back in 1981 we hosted the first one.

As we've discussed before, the second half of that championship game is the only field hockey game I've ever attended. I was a student at UConn at the time, and I happened to be walking by and decided to stop and watch the rest of the game.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
As we've discussed before, the second half of that championship game is the only field hockey game I've ever attended. I was a student at UConn at the time, and I happened to be walking by and decided to stop and watch the rest of the game.
... and you aren’t my roommate Ed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom