FIBAU17 Semis: USA v Hungary 1:30 EDT | The Boneyard

FIBAU17 Semis: USA v Hungary 1:30 EDT

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Game will be on ESPN +. Good luck. I could not stay connected for the Australia v France game but Comcast internet in my area has been terrible lately.

In the other semifinal game, France overcame a 13-point deficit to beat Australia 68-58. France outscored Australia 22-5 in the 3rd Qtr. France's center Rupert scored 20 and grabbed 14 boards.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
US up 45-22 at half. Horston with 14.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I tried conncting to ESPN+ but failed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Final USA 84. Hungary 39

Next up: France tomorrow at 1:30 EDT.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada got an unlucky draw in the Round of 16 as they had to face Spain and they lost.
Other Round of 16 games were:

France vs Mali
Australia vs New Zealand
Hungary vs Angola

If they got a better draw in the beginning who knows, they may have gotten into the Medal Round. Of course if they had beaten Spain, I wouldn't have these thoughts.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA wins 84 -39 over Hungary.

Only negative stats were 3 point shooting 2 - 18 11% and Free Throw shooting 10-18 55%

They play France for the Gold Medal and based on tournament Stats, USA should win, but you have to play the game. ;)

Reaction Score
I guess someone likes the horn!
Just darn annoying to me at least!
Bronx23

I don't think that was Mr Fudd with the horn today. It was a gentleman with a rather long white beard. The same gentleman who was using it yesterday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't think that was Mr Fudd with the horn today. It was a gentleman with a rather long white beard. The same gentleman who was using it yesterday.

Grandpa I think.

Reaction Score
From everything I've read here and the games that I've seen Jordan Horston seems to have been the best all around player on this very talented team.
While I was dissappointed earlier that she seems to prefer to play college ball together with Zia Cooke, I truly doubt that will be the deciding factor for her. Previously there was an interview with her and she talked about wanting to be coached up and while she would grow in SC or Louisville, they can't compare to how she might develop at U Conn. If it is though most important to her, then I wish her well!
Bronx23

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess someone likes the horn!
Just darn annoying to me at least!
Bronx23

You're not alone Bronx23, I hate that Damn horn. :mad: I turn the sound down. He's ruining a game for the other spectators. The games would be more enjoyable for everyone except for that @$%^&*! horn.

I'm surprised the arena officials let him (or or anyone else) bring it in. If it's not Mr. Fudd, perhaps someone pulled him aside and asked him to not bring it in anymore. Grandpa (or whoever it is) should have gotten a memo too. If it is the grandfather, it doesn't help his granddaughter or team USA. When he does that, it makes me think of Lavar Ball. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
From everything I've read here and the games that I've seen Jordan Horston seems to have been the best all around player on this very talented team.
While I was disappointed earlier that she seems to prefer to play college ball together with Zia Cooke, I truly doubt that will be the deciding factor for her. Previously there was an interview with her and she talked about wanting to be coached up and while she would grow in SC or Louisville, they can't compare to how she might develop at U Conn. If it is though most important to her, then I wish her well!
Bronx23

I hope when it's decision time, wanting to play with a close friend will not be a factor in choosing where to play. Hopefully she will get (and listen to) mature, adult, intelligent and informed counsel before she makes her final decision. Regardless of where she goes (hopefully it's UConn), she should make a decision that's in HER best interest, not someone else's.

She'll make new friends wherever she goes. Being willing/able to "cut ties" with old high school friends is part of the maturation process everyone goes through during their 4 years in college.

Friendships can be maintained via social media in the interim, then they can hook-up again AFTER college. Sometimes we meet life long friends in college.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
70-29 US at the end of the third.

USA wins 84 -39 over Hungary. So far, no team has come close to challenging Team USA. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In watching the highlights it was clear that Hungary had no answer at all for Horston's quickness and athleticism. She must have seemed other worldly to them. They had big problems with the overall quickness, speed and size of the US players, nor could they move the US's bigs off the block. In the 4th period Hailey Van Lith finally had a chance to show her quick first step and the quick release she has. Sizzling. UConn ready baby. For me though I continue to be mesmerized by #8. Her body movements look like Rennia Davis, but her mental makeup is pure Draymond Green. Me lovey so much.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
While I was dissappointed earlier that she seems to prefer to play college ball together with Zia Cooke, I truly doubt that will be the deciding factor for her. Previously there was an interview with her and she talked about wanting to be coached up and while she would grow in SC or Louisville, they can't compare to how she might develop at U Conn. If it is though most important to her, then I wish her well!
Bronx23
I hope when it's decision time, wanting to play with a close friend will not be a factor in choosing where to play. Hopefully she will get (and listen to) mature, adult, intelligent and informed counsel before she makes her final decision. Regardless of where she goes (hopefully it's UConn), she's should make a decision that's in HER best interest, not someone else's.

She'll make new friends wherever she goes. Being willing/able to "cut ties" with old high school friends is part of the maturation process everyone goes through during their 4 years in college. Friendships can be maintained via social media, then they hook-up again AFTER college.
I think I've made it clear from the first game I saw this team play that Draymond Horston is just my kinda baller. I concur with everything you've said about her. I'll say it once again. She's the most consistent player on the team because every night she brings the same high energy game. She doesn't take a play off and she never gets too high or too low. She just wants to win and make everyone better on the team. She's the best guard on defense, the best passer in traffic, the best rebounding guard (Cooke is also really good), and the best guard in transition. She also seems the kind of coachable player that wants to get better, and she'll need to in order to excel at the next level. With special emphasis on that funky shot, the release point of which is variable, and strength conditioning. Another UConn ready playa.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Guess they're passing it around. By this point I hope they all get carpal tunnel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom