FIBAU17 Quarterfinals: USA v Spain (7/27/18) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBAU17 Quarterfinals: USA v Spain (7/27/18)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love Cooke's offensive game. But every time down the floor on offense I held my breath against a TO and/or when she had to make a pass. Any pass. On defense, I held my breath when a Spanish player took her 1V1 or if she had to go through or around a screen. One thing Cooke will do is stick her nose in there for an offensive rebound. She's just a hard nosed player, and very exciting. But when she comes down the floor she thinks shoot first, and consistently makes poor passing decisions in traffic. Cooke sounds like a prototypical Tenn. guard under Holly.

Horston is the best and most consistent at passing in traffic. She looks a bit like Rennia Davis. Also if points were scored in transition be assured Horston was involved. I love Horston's demeanor. She just doesn't seem to get too high or too low. She isn't waving her towel when the USA scores, and she doesn't hang her head at a TO. Every night it's the same game. She's a Swiss army knife and I love her. This wasn't her best game. She missed a lot of bunnies. Yet you wouldn't know it from her body language. She needs a lot of work on that funky looking shot, but she has such great body control and adjusts in the air well. Sort like Diamond in that regard. I thinks she's the best pure athlete on the team.

Hailey Van Lith would often lose her mark on defense. She also had lots of problems bringing the ball up against Spain's pressure. Once in the offensive end she's a terrific and confident shooter. She has a good idea of where her spots are on the floor.

I think Bueckers loses her mark defensively more than any other guard, especially if she has to go through or around screens. Being kind of frail doesn't help in that regard. Bueckers has great body control and is the most consistent guard at penetrating and scoring around the hoop. She also has a sweet stroke and is 2nd best in transition and passing in traffic.

Among guards Fudd and Horston are most consistent going through or around screens. Fudd however rarely turns the ball over on offense. Fudd has IMO the best looking stroke. Horston turns the ball over just a little more, but not much. More so this game than any other.
I’d like to see Fudd and Allie Quigley in a shoot-out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom