FIBA World Cup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBA World Cup

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US vs France in the Quarters. ESPN2. Down 45-39 at half.

Gobert for France is a matchup nightmare. Fornier hurting us as well

Donavan Mitchel seems to be the only one on US playing well. Kemba having a terrible game so far.

USA v France boxscore - FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 - 11 September - FIBA.basketball

Reaction Score
Not looking good.

Kemba has looked pretty meh.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, more rest for the Summer. FIBA does not do crazy 6/7 place games for positioning do they??

The Eiffel Steifel stuffed Mitchell and Walker multiple times in Q4 and did not try enough 3pt shots, We missed a number of big FT's and Frank NTILIKINA (beleagured Knicks player) came up big in the 4th. :eek::eek:

Reaction Score
A large portion of the blame for that L lies on Kemba, they needed to play thru Mitchell. This team needed guys like Booker and Fox to accept invites, the young guys turning this down is crazy to me when you think back to the World Cup teams from 4-8 years ago.

Reaction Score
A large portion of the blame for that L lies on Kemba, they needed to play thru Mitchell. This team needed guys like Booker and Fox to accept invites, the young guys turning this down is crazy to me when you think back to the World Cup teams from 4-8 years ago.
Agree on Booker, Fox was there but left after getting little PT behind Derrick White. That one's on Pop.

Overall they qualified for the Olympics and have had a respectable showing. Had I known all the games would be before 10AM I would have cared even less than the minor attention I gave it. Cared more b/c so many Celtics were on team, net is positive for their season with a minor wear & tear concern.

Reaction Score
Well, more rest for the Summer. FIBA does not do crazy 6/7 place games for positioning do they??
The US will now face Serbia. If they are successful, they will get the opportunity to play for 5th place

Reaction Score
The US will now face Serbia. If they are successful, they will get the opportunity to play for 5th place
That's just dumb, elimination rounds should be just that. There's 'pride' to play for, but man if someone gets hurt in one of those games its bad news. Maybe Pop should start Derrick White to penalize himself.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy how few 3s this USA team takes. They shoot midrange jumpers all game long. Horrible formula for offense.

Reaction Score
Kemba is pretty much the only player who has tournament/elimination game/championship experience....makes sense that he’s the most comfortable at crunch time....I think he’ll be a global star after this tournament.
My son would call this a freezing cold take.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope all the allstars from the usa who turned down invites are happy with themselves, losing to France. Ugh. Even a little more talent and the usa does not lose that. Other countries stars came to play, kudos to them. Thrilled Kemba came to play for the usa, not the best today but in most games, the best and the only higher level player who played.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope all the allstars from the usa who turned down invites are happy with themselves, losing to France. Ugh. Even a little more talent and the usa does not lose that. Other countries stars came to play, kudos to them.
Not all, Canada had almost no one and I think was eliminated from Olympics?
Likewise a certain non-jump shooter failed to show for Australia.
Also although Giannis came & played, he didn't really come to play.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter. Qualified for Olympics. We rarely take this tourney seriously and still win it.

Reaction Score
Disappointed that team usa blew it.

But I'm excited that basketball is expanding more and more globally. I would bet in 25 years, half the NBA isn't from the USA.

Reaction Score

But I'm excited that basketball is expanding more and more globally. I would bet in 25 years, half the NBA isn't from the USA.
That is the trend we are seeing, baseball even more I reckon.

Reaction Score
Ending this AM with loss to Serbia which is the team everyone thought would beat the US for gold or whatever the championship prize is labeled. No doubt the letdown of a consolation game impacted, USA was down by 15 almost immediately per the twitter updates I saw on train this AM.
Key again is no one gets hurt at this point. We lament USA losing, but really a more competitive world is better. Yet it still is not a contest when USA brings its best. Not sure why we lament getting closer to competitive and therefore interesting international tournaments. Biggest negative in reality is Coach K gets a bump.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ending this AM with loss to Serbia which is the team everyone thought would beat the US for gold or whatever the championship prize is labeled. No doubt the letdown of a consolation game impacted, USA was down by 15 almost immediately per the twitter updates I saw on train this AM.
Key again is no one gets hurt at this point. We lament USA losing, but really a more competitive world is better. Yet it still is not a contest when USA brings its best. Not sure why we lament getting closer to competitive and therefore interesting international tournaments. Biggest negative in reality is Coach K gets a bump.

Isn’t Pop coaching this train wreck?

Reaction Score

Trade off for soccers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom