FIBA U18 3x3 World Cup begins Wednesday 8/24 (KK Arnold) | The Boneyard

FIBA U18 3x3 World Cup begins Wednesday 8/24 (KK Arnold)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Women's first game will be 11:50 AM tomorrow against Egypt. Playing for Egypt will be Jana El Alfy who this summer played in both the U17 World Cup and the recently concluded U18 African championships. She plays a lot of basketball!

Word out of Louisville is that UConn has become involved with her. UCLA also. She has already visited Louisville and it's expected she'll take more visits. We'll see if UConn is on her list.

Reaction Score
Women's first game will be 11:50 AM tomorrow against Egypt. Playing for Egypt will be Jana El Alfy who this summer played in both the U17 World Cup and the recently concluded U18 African championships. She plays a lot of basketball!

Word out of Louisville is that UConn has become involved with her. UCLA also. She has already visited Louisville and it's expected she'll take more visits. We'll see if UConn is on her list.
Don't forget the second USA 3X3 game at 1:55PM. France W looked very good on day #1. Go KK!
Go Sarah! Go USA Williams and Williams ( LSU and Oklahoma)!

Reaction Score
3-2 Egypt 5:24 left.

US is lucky they are hitting the rim, that's how poor their shooting has been. The only god looks were arc shots and they weren't even close. I think some players just expect to miss their first 5 shots and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. That's how teams find themselves down 15 in the 1st period.

----

Is the Egyption recruiting target playing?

Reaction Score
Williams is going to be great in college but Mulkey better not make her the pg or no one else on LSU will ever touch the ball on the offensive end. I've seen her when she's hitting. Today wasn't one of them.

Good win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US Wins 16-8. KK and the entire US team started out super cold but KK (and M. Williams) finally got into gear. KK with a large number of elite drives while Mikayla got her mid range going . Really no team work on the US team. All 1-1 . Thought I would see more from Strong on offense. Defense seems good.

Reaction Score
USA 16 Eqypt 8 KK is very good on the drive! Mikayla Williams started COLD and
ended HOT! Sarah Strong was filling the stat sheet with Rebounds, Blocks, Boxing out,
and good hustle! Sahara Williams with some nice rebounds. Jana Elalfy of Eqypt was
the team leader ( a star of the U 18 FIBA tournament 5X5 in Africa, she is 6'4")
By the way USA Men are 0 - 2 at the bottom of their pool ! Nice Dunks, but
team play and passes reigns supreme.

Reaction Score
That was ugly. I think the USA needs to play better than that or a better team will beat us. The shooting was terrible. El Alfy didn't show much either, although it looks like she can handle the ball better than I expected. KK' s speed was something Egypt couldn't match, and Mikayla can of course get her shot pretty easily. Strong did not impress in the first game IMO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. The Mongolia team won 21-8. Made alot of 2pt shots. But the other team was tired so should be a good test for our defense intensity

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
KK Arnold must be the cat’s meow. Everything I’ve read here about her is positive. Everyone is not wrong. It sounds and looks like we got a good one. Congrats to Geno and his staff on her recruitment. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That was ugly. I think the USA needs to play better than that or a better team will beat us. The shooting was terrible. El Alfy didn't show much either, although it looks like she can handle the ball better than I expected. KK' s speed was something Egypt couldn't match, and Mikayla can of course get her shot pretty easily. Strong did not impress in the first game IMO.
Night game against Mongolia 21-10. Much better play. Strong showed up with her offense and High Intensity all around with KK and others Ball Hawking. Just give them the gold. Williams is a dynamite shooter under pressure. KK can drive on anyone but we will have to be patient until she gets her 3pt shot where it needs to be

Reaction Score
USA 21 -10 One small problem (IMO) either the USA is having " fun" or they
are acting like hotdogs. Mongolia was rather short, so this was not too much of
a challenge. NOTE the team we beat earlier, Egypt, lost their second game to Ukraine 18-12,
so... the USA has not really been challenged yet. Too much one on one and (IMO)
a lack of discipline. KK Arnold continues to be "Too Fast" for most defenders. The
announcer remarked that KK is " taking everybodies' cookies". Some need to
clean up some errors: stepping out of bounds (KK x 2) and " not clearing the zone"
on turnovers. But , as they say, a W is a W! We'll have to wait for the game
against Ukraine to see how we really match up. Sarah Strong hit from both
inside and midrange and had more than her share of rebounds. M. Williams is
hustling a lot! Sahara Williams with a mixture of good rebound and scoring, usually
from underneath.

Reaction Score
Night game against Mongolia 21-10. Much better play. Strong showed up with her offense and High Intensity all around with KK and others Ball Hawking. Just give them the gold. Williams is a dynamite shooter under pressure. KK can drive on anyone but we will have to be patient until she gets her 3pt shot where it needs to be
Agreed on Strong. She was very good in the second game, not even resembling the player in the first game. By the way for those that might be interested, the game between Ukraine and Egypt featured a bigs matchup between Kate Koval who plays high school in the US but is from Ukraine and the big girl from Egypt that is getting attention from us and many others. I thought they both looked like good prospects.

Reaction Score
Another way to put it, with reference to all the Nika threads — KK is likely to win the starting point guard job in 2023 if Paige doesn’t come back. .

Reaction Score
Are there no boxscores for this event? I can't find them.
There are, but you have to rather inconveniently navigate menus from here:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There are, but you have to rather inconveniently navigate menus from here:

Thank you, that works!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
KK started to pass to others in the Mongolia game.

1661416605400.png

Reaction Score
Preview: USA 2 -0 vs Kyrgyzstan 0 -2 ( 21-8 and then 21 - 0 vs Ukraine!) at 5:25 Well, let's be nice to those young ladies and use the game to practice our passing and team play. We might need it for the 7:15 game against 2 - 0 Ukraine!
Ukraine is 5' 10" #2 Karyan Panchuk (17yoa) 6'2" Daria Kracnchenko (sp?) # 4 (18yoa)
#1 Oleksandra Semenchuk 5'11" ( 18yoa) and Kateryna "Kate" Koval 193 cm = 6' 3.9", let us
make that 6'4"! Kate is of course playing on Long Island. She was born in Kiev. But did you
know that she already has an offer to play for Head Coach, Shea Ralph?? Yes, the scholarhip is
on the table to play for Vanderbilt! ( among other early offers, I'm sure). Also, Ukraine is taller than
the USA, ( but not " bigger"), and Sarah Strong is 6'2" / 190 cm( Sarah was born in France with dual citizenship! Mom
and Dad both played in Europe after playing for Harvad and North Carolina, respectively.)
Pull it together ladies, the tournament does not get any easier once the Kyrgyzstan
game is over!! Let the games continue! I hope the USA mens' team finds a way to learn
how to play the international game of 3X3. An 0 - 2 start is rather embarassing. Z

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
USA over KGZ 21-4

1661442398244.png

KK was more into initiating offense than being aggressive today. M. Williams is just lethal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom