Fiba format - pretty nice | The Boneyard

Fiba format - pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I started thinking about the FIBA format and I find it pretty interesting:
1. You play six out of 16 teams in pool play before advancing to single elimination portion. So you will have play 6 out of 7 teams on your side of the bracket and the one you don't play probably lost its first three games.
2. If you reach the final you will play 10 different teams to win it all - so 6 teams on your side of the bracket and the four most successful teams out of eight on the other side.

Anything can happen in any single elimination game, but this format gives you a bunch of second chances early and exposure to most of the field.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
FIBA world championships do test the teams in an effort that the best teams reach the Medal Round. In this case Team USA has to play France which is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team after Team USA. France might be slightly less talented than Spain with Brazil in 4th. Not sure where Australia stands in relationship with France, Brazil and Spain, but they are talented as well. Australia just might be better then Brazil.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I like the format a lot, there can be no grumbling about who matches up with who at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom