FIBA Eurobasket 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBA Eurobasket 2019

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Kiah has been playing well since she got healthy...pretty close to a double double each night. Hopes she brings it back to NY.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, the "ova" means "Daughter of" in several eastern European languages.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
4 quarterfinal qualification match-ups:

Sweden v Latvia
GBr v Montenegro
Belgium v Slovenia
Italy v Russia

Spain, France, Serbia and Hungary await the winners.

Go Karlie! Go Belgium!
GB won with a solid effort from all. 92-71
Karlie Samuelson had 28 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. Temi Fagbenle led with 29 points.
Karlie had another shake and bake move for a lay up late in the game.
I have to believe when Eurobasket is over she will get a chance in the WNBA before the season is over.
Great Britain v Montenegro boxscore - FIBA Women's EuroBasket 2019 - 1 July - FIBA.basketball

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
With the Sky. ;) On the other hand, would Karlie push Lou out? :eek::eek:
No way.
I think I know where she might wind up but cant say yet.

Here is the hi-lite video for Karlie. Note the last basket is a head fake lay up going right by Glory Johnson(Tenn/Dallas-WNBA) I guess they dont teach defense at UT

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Wow Karlie is killing it over there, really happy for her. The various highlights indicate she is really good at making contested shots. Uncontested ones as well, of course.

She joined the Sparks last season at some point along the way. Even though they cut her this year she was one of the last cuts, lives in the area, played well in the exhibitions, and is undoubtedly still on good terms with the team. So if there is an opening there I wouldn’t be shocked by the Spark(s). Heh heh.

I was fortunate enough to meet Karlie on the way back to Connecticut from the Final Four in Tampa. Now I’m a fan of 44 and 33!

Reaction Score

Belgium and Russia won the last two games.

That leaves these games on Thursday for the first four spots in Olympic qualification from Europe:
Spain vs. Russia
Serbia vs. Sweden
France vs. Belgium
Hungary vs. Great Britain

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Catching Hungary / GB now on ESPN+

Let's go Karlie

Edit: Damn it. Karlie injured her foot and had to leave the court in Q1. No update yet. :mad:

Edit2: Karlie back in the Game. Just a little tweek. :D:D:D

Final edit:

What a weird game. GB beats Hungary 62-59. Hungary's center missed so many layups and Yvonne Turner had a really poor game until mid way through 4th Q but GB had her scouted really well. Karlie did not have a good offensive game but she is a defensive pest. Fagbenle was incredible with really good post moves. She should be a big help to the Lynx when she gets back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bria had 12 points in 27 minutes before fouling out as France beat Belgium 84-80 in overtime:

Spain and Serbia also won relatively easily:

Bria Hartley hits the biggest 3 pt shot to tie the game at 68 anmd send the game into overtime. :cool::cool:

Can see it in the highlight clip

France v Belgium - Highlights - Quarter-Final - FIBA Women's EuroBasket 2019 - FIBA.basketball

She fouled out early in the OT .

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I know KLS has played with USAB before, I wonder if there's a chance she joins her sister to play for Great Britain?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I know KLS has played with USAB before, I wonder if there's a chance she joins her sister to play for Great Britain?
I am sure she will try out with Team USA first. I would think she wants to be on the 2020, 2024, and or the 2028 team(s) Whether she makes the team would be based on the teams needs and make up, and of course her health. I am not sure if GBB has qualified for the 2020 Olympics, although they did qualify, with todays win, for the Olympic trials for Euro teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
France beats GB 63-56. Neither Hartley or Karlie had a game to take note of.

Reaction Score
Hartley's teammate, Marine Johannes, had 20 pts on 50% shooting, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. While she is not a UCONN alumnus, she and Hartley should be joining UCONN South (The NY Liberty) next week. Not sure where Kiah Stokes has been as Turkey was ousted a while ago. With Amanda B returning too and hopefully Rebecca Allen recovering from injury, the NY Liberty, which now has won four games in a row (7-7) on the backs of Nurse and Charles while short-handed, should be formidable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hartley's teammate, Marine Johannes, had 20 pts on 50% shooting, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. While she is not a UCONN alumnus, she and Hartley should be joining UCONN South (The NY Liberty) next week. Not sure where Kiah Stokes has been as Turkey was ousted a while ago. With Amanda B returning too and hopefully Rebecca Allen recovering from injury, the NY Liberty, which now has won four games in a row (7-7) on the backs of Nurse and Charles while short-handed, should be formidable.
Johannes is really good.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Spain won the championship without Alba Torrens.

The following European teams qualify for the Olympics:

Spain
France
Serbia
Great Britain
Sweden
Belgium

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics