FIBA Americas Game Link & Thread USA/Chile (Aug 2) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBA Americas Game Link & Thread USA/Chile (Aug 2)

Reaction Score
Sedona Prince - Before yesterday, I had never seen her play. I like her. She's committed to the Univ. of Texas. Karen Aston has got a good one.No doubt we'll be reading/hearing about her for the next 4 years. :cool:

the recruiting junkies on the BY have been following Ms Prince for a while now...........at one point she was considering UConn but getting recruits to leave Texas isn't easy............she has improved her mobility and offensive skill set greatly over the past couple of years and should be difficult to handle at the next level............add 6'5" Charlie Collier and Texas is loaded up front for the next four years.................did you notice that she tried a one handed dunk at the end of half time warm ups? She looked pretty effortless and had the height but the ball clanged off the back of the rim and out............I bet she dunks one in a game in the next year or two

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't understand a lick of Spanish but I could listen to those guys all afternoon long. :)
I personally find the sound of Spanish spoken softly and intimately is the most soothing language I've ever heard.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think Prince is going to struggle with the speed and athleticism of the college game.
She'll need to work on her conditioning. She also seems to think that she has a 10-12 footer, all results to the contrary.

JordyG

Reaction Score
the recruiting junkies on the BY have been following Ms Prince for a while now......at one point she was considering UConn but getting recruits to leave Texas isn't easy..she has improved her mobility and offensive skill set greatly over the past couple of years and should be difficult to handle at the next level..add 6'5" Charlie Collier and Texas is loaded up front for the next four years.......did you notice that she tried a one handed dunk at the end of half time warm ups? She looked pretty effortless and had the height but the ball clanged off the back of the rim and out..I bet she dunks one in a game in the next year or two
Ono first. And she ain't no clanger, she's a ripper.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CW missed a layup, missed the follow up, and missed again, but got fouled. She's persistent on the glass. Then she missed both FTs. She shot 75-80% at CAC last year. Must be the thin air in Mexico.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She'll need to work on her conditioning. She also seems to think that she has a 10-12 footer, all results to the contrary.

I do like her moves down under but yeah Div. 1 will be a shock.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CW ran by a defender for a fast break, but her teammate was fouled before she could pass it.

A little later, CW dribbled by her defender for a fast break. She has decent speed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CW with an offensive rebound, a miss, another rebound, and a make. She's relentless. I expect about 5-6 rpg from her.

And she swished a couple of corner threes.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought that Liv looked ok. She showed her handle, some rebounding, and some post-up skills. She looked raw and a little winded at times.

Edit: Note that they are playing at altitude.

I thought that Christyn looked like a scoring machine and could have had 30 if she wanted--and could make FTs. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do like her moves down under but yeah Div. 1 will be a shock.

I think she'll be just fine............don't know many 6'7" players that have her pretty good athleticism.............it's a shame she didn't come north because UConn sure could use a big body

JordyG

Reaction Score
I thought that Liv looked ok. She showed her handle, some rebounding, and some post-up skills. She looked raw and a little winded at times.

Good take. I noted the winded look too. A bunch of them looked winded. Not CW though.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think Prince is going to struggle with the speed and athleticism of the college game.

I don't know. She looks pretty light on her feet for her size.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't know. She looks pretty light on her feet for her size.
Yeah, I had no problem with her athleticism, just her conditioning. Her shot making skills as well.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Have you heard Italian or French spoken softly? They are, after all, “Romance” languages!
Of course. I've lived with and among French expatriates, Haitians, and Canadians. My best friend all through grammar and junior high was Italian. None to me sound as mellifluous as Spanish, especially when spoken well and most especially when spoken softly.

Reaction Score
To each his own ear --- love all the sound of all the romance languages, but in this order -- French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. I'm not sure what Romanian sounds like.

Back on basketball, I'm happy to have Prince just as she is. Don't know how many of her games you have seen, JordyG, but she can actually hit some 10 and 12 footers. Christyn Williams looking good.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Joens would bull towards the hoop if she were facing an armada of defenders.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think she'll be just fine..don't know many 6'7" players that have her pretty good athleticism...it's a shame she didn't come north because UConn sure could use a big body

UConn could use the additional height. I think she and ONO could work well together. While both are "raw" pieces of wet clay that need to be molded into the players their coaches invision them to be by their senior year, it will be interesting to see these two develop during their college years.

We know ONO will reach her potential, Geno and CD will see to that. Prince would have also flourished under UConn's tutelage. Remember the last 6'7" post player UConn had? She turned out to be pretty good. She was inducted in the women's basketball hall of fame was she not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom