Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Now showing highlights, just about every score
I missed the final score, it was 19–4 last time I noticed

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Final 21 - 4. USA looks pretty good - Chiney is a beast. Fun to see Anne's form again on her jump shot. Diggins and Hartley playing really well together. It is only a ten minute game, but pretty well non-stop so rotating players is really important to keep the speed up.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Annie looked good. Didn't start but played substantial minutes. I think Diggins and Hartley got the most, with Chiney and Annie a bit behind. This is a frantic game for a big girl like Chiney, so it works out well she can take a breather.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Final Score was 21-4 Easy expected win by Team USA. Played some good defense as well as Chiney, Bria and Diggins were unstoppable. Ann played well in the minutes she played.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Annie looked good. Didn't start but played substantial minutes. I think Diggins and Hartley got the most, with Chiney and Annie a bit behind. This is a frantic game for a big girl like Chiney, so it works out well she can take a breather.
I think Chiney had about 8 of the first ten points on lay-ups. My guess is she and Diggins were about equal with Hartley not far behind. Not sure Anne scored, but had some nice assists and played good D.

Reaction Score
Now showing highlights, just about every score
I missed the final score, it was 19–4 last time I noticed
Perhaps 20-4. There was a basket at the buzzer. Not sure if it counted. Hartley was draining the threes. She looked great. Her kind of game. Skill aside, it was obvious their basketball IQ was vastly superior to Angola's. Number 7 for Angola looked like she could be a winner.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Perhaps 20-4. There was a basket at the buzzer. Not sure if it counted. Hartley was draining the threes. She looked great. Her kind of game. Skill aside, it was obvious their basketball IQ was vastly superior to Angola's. Number 7 for Angola looked like she could be a winner.
Game is to 21 so the last three pointer ended the game 'early' - there was still about 2 minutes left on the clock.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I believe the shots made outside the 3 point line only count as 2 points. All other baskets are 1 point. I don't think there is a 3 point basket in 3 x 3 basketball.

USA's first game against Germany the final score was 22-9 so a team can score more then 21 points. The game is 10 minutes long or the first team to 21 or more points

FIBA 3 x 3 Rules - Link

USA Basketball FIBA Rules - Link

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I believe the shots made outside the 3 point line only count as 2 points. All other baskets are 1 point. I don't think there is a 3 point basket in 3 x 3 basketball.

USA's first game against Germany the final score was 22-9 so a team can score more then 21 points. The game is 10 minutes long or the first team to 21 or more points

FIBA 3 x 3 Rules - Link
Yes - correct it only counts 2 points, free throws and baskets inside the line are 1 point. One foul shot for a regular shooting foul, 2 shots if it is behind the line.
In the first game USA must have been at 20 points and made a shot from behind the line to get to 22 pts. Second game they were at 19 and got the 2 point shot to win.
Interesting - the rules call for only one ref, but they have one on the baseline and one outside in this competition.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Game is to 21 so the last three pointer ended the game 'early' - there was still about 2 minutes left on the clock.

Ah, thanks, that explains it. I was typing a post here, then looked up and the game was over. I thought there were a couple minutes left, so wodnered how I had mis-remembered so badly. Good to hear I'm not totally losing it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hoopfeed's 3x3 World Championships Cheat sheet is up:

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/?p=20667

If you didn't see it also I spoke to Bria, Ann, Chiney and Skylar before they left for Athensa for this week's Dishin & Swishin podcast:

http://wp.me/pwd9L-5ni
Thanks for the info. Good interview. I did not know that the Olympic committee was considering making the 3x3 an Olympic sport. I wonder if they could use players who are also on Team USA or if they would have to be different players.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks Dave, for that interview. (Good observation on why UConn players might be well-suited for this game).
For others, who wants to guess what Ann has been doing to stay in shape, other than basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom