Female FG Kickers | The Boneyard

Female FG Kickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why don't we just go Stalin on them and attempt to crossbreed gorillas and humans? Hide them in a lab somewhere at UConn and only let them out to play football.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Lauren Luttrell impressed Frank Beamer enough with her kicking skills in a workout last fall that the longtime Virginia Tech coach invited her back for another try this spring.

While Luttrell didn't make the team after Saturday's open tryout for kickers, the freshman from near Fredericksburg remained encouraged by her effort in an attempt to be the first female place-kicker in Virginia Tech history.

The 10-person kicking competition was three rounds of four kicks, with cuts after each. Luttrell made all four of her first kicks from 20 yards, advancing with six others to the second round. The next set of kicks were from the 35. She made three of four, coming up short on one from the left hash.

"They were pretty accurate; I just didn’t have the power," Luttrell said. "So after that round he called out numbers again and I wasn’t called, which was fine, because I was happy with how I did. And I was about to walk off and [Beamer] came up to me and said, ‘Good job. Thanks for coming out.’ He was like, ‘You have the fundamentals. You have the technique. You just need the power.'"

Luttrell might give it another go at a future tryout. She's still relatively new to football, first giving it a shot in high school after an assistant coach on the soccer team saw her strong leg on corner and free kicks and suggested she try kicking field goals. Luttrell, who stands 5-foot-9, brushed it off as a joke, but after some prodding, gave it a try. Her senior year with the Knights in 2010, she made 10 extra points and a 31-yard field goal.

Reaction Score
One tried out for LSU and another for WVU. The 36 and the 28 are in their range. There's no reason to be sexist about it. We need a fall back plan.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/01/female-kicker-falls-short-in-hokies-tryout/

If we cant recruit their men let's steal their women folk :)

The problem is, if they were attractive, they'd be victims of so many roughing the kicker penalties they wouldn't last half a season. I know because if I were on defense, I'd be begging the coach to let me rush off the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom