Felger & Mazz | The Boneyard

Felger & Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You 2 can succckkkkit!!!! All your wishes for our team faded away in the dust that you live in you putrid turdsicles.

Reaction Score
You 2 can succckkkkit!!!! All your wishes for our team faded away in the dust that you live in you putrid turdsicles.

I haven't listened to them since D&H came back on WEEI and since the Big Show began appearing on Sirius. What did they say?

Reaction Score
I haven't listened to them since D&H came back on WEEI and since the Big Show began appearing on Sirius. What did they say?
Crapped on the state, crapped on its people, crapped on the school... They are a collection of annoying dbags.

Reaction Score

What did they say do they even talk about college sports.

Reaction Score
Crapped on the state, crapped on its people, crapped on the school... They are a collection of annoying dbags.

They want us to call in to give them ratings let them be the ones that are mad. Do they know the Celtics don't win a championship without Ray Allen and then they trash him once he leaves.

Reaction Score

I was flipping through channels and they were blathering about the usual crap they spew. something to the tune of "UCONN isn't even part of New England and i hope they both come crashing down in ashes. I can't stand either one of those teams and why can't BC do that?" quoted from Mazz. Sounds like penis envy to me.

Reaction Score
If you are into college sports, the Radio Sports Talk is absouletely awful up here. They will talk about why a Red Sox player should or should not have stole a base for over 3 hours like it is a one in done tourney game and not a 162 game schedule. When they do talk about college sports, 95% of posters on this board know more than they do. It's like listening to College Sports Talk 101. Just awful! The problem is, they speak their mind like they know what they are talking about.

Reaction Score
Your gonna hear this stuff a lot on talk radio, in 04 a lot of people liked to see the dual championships, this year your gonna hear a lot of jealousy and hatred from people, who cares let them be mad thats the reaction they want from us is to be mad. Who cares enjoy this.

Reaction Score
I was flipping through channels and they were blathering about the usual crap they spew. something to the tune of "UCONN isn't even part of New England and i hope they both come crashing down in ashes. I can't stand either one of those teams and why can't BC do that?" quoted from Mazz. Sounds like penis envy to me.

Mazz was so knowledgeable about baseball as a 3rd man in during his days on WEEI back in the late 90's early 2000's. How anyone thought he could partake of a full-time slot on a drive time show, in a major market is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Mazz is a tool. he said something similar in Feb when they were talking about Hartford being a possible hotel site for a possible Boston Super Bowl. was more targeted towards the state than UConn but still obnoxious. it all comes down to their inferiority complex with NY - they hate us not only because of our proximity but also the fact that there are a ton of Yankee fans down here (which doesn't please me either but not to Mazz's degree). he's an idiot.

Reaction Score
They want us to call in to give them ratings let them be the ones that are mad. Do they know the Celtics don't win a championship without Ray Allen and then they trash him once he leaves.

I personally could give a crap what they think about UCONN. Their opinions mean nothing to me except for the fact that UCONN grabbing both titles stuffed that smelly sock down their drivel throwing throats.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

+1 for "putrid turdsicles".

Reaction Score
Even though Francesa ticks a lot of New England fans off, including me, at least he has some intelligence.

Pathetic that as a Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics fan I listen to a New York show over this drivel.

Just happened to catch this nonsense after I called to reactivate my DirecTv receiver before heading to Vermont for the next 6 months, and it must have set to CSNE from last Fall. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And it wasn't even Felger going off on us, but the other two. If he'd had the same opinion or joined in instead of just egging Mazz & friend on, it could have set a new criteria for pathetic sports talk.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you are into college sports, the Radio Sports Talk is absouletely awful up here. They will talk about why a Red Sox player should or should not have stole a base for over 3 hours like it is a one in done tourney game and not a 162 game schedule. When they do talk about college sports, 95% of posters on this board know more than they do. It's like listening to College Sports Talk 101. Just awful! The problem is, they speak their mind like they know what they are talking about.

I listen to WEEI 103.7 because I can't get the Sports Hub OTA, and I never think about it until I'm already on the road.

BUT!!!!

If I have to hear anymore about Jared Remy, I'm liable to drive into a bridge abutment. Didn't hear a word about the two national championships. Sadly I was too busy over the last two days to listen to Mutt and Merloni. Mike Mutnansky (Mutt) is UConn class of 2002, which means he was a freshman when I was a senior. Though, me being an accountant, I doubt we ran in the same circles.

Reaction Score
Even though Francesa ticks a lot of New England fans off, including me, at least he has some intelligence.

Pathetic that as a Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics fan I listen to a New York show over this drivel.

Just happened to catch this nonsense after I called to reactivate my DirecTv receiver before heading to Vermont for the next 6 months, and it must have set to CSNE from last Fall. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And it wasn't even Felger going off on us, but the other two. If he'd had the same opinion or joined in instead of just egging Mazz & friend on, it could have set a new criteria for pathetic sports talk.
The other guy is a UMass grad

Reaction Score
I listen to WEEI 103.7 because I can't get the Sports Hub OTA, and I never think about it until I'm already on the road.

BUT!!!!

If I have to hear anymore about Jared Remy, I'm liable to drive into a bridge abutment. Didn't hear a word about the two national championships. Sadly I was too busy over the last two days to listen to Mutt and Merloni. Mike Mutnansky (Mutt) is UConn class of 2002, which means he was a freshman when I was a senior. Though, me being an accountant, I doubt we ran in the same circles.

They were cool about UCONN, teased Mutt a little, funny thing was they all agreed that BC administration were idiots at hiring coaches

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They were cool about UCONN, teased Mutt a little, funny thing was they all agreed that BC administration were idiots at hiring coaches

That was the topic of conversation on Dale and Holley on Monday. I listened for an hour from my office in SE CT to Chicago Sams in Cromwell. Callers were commenting that BC has stricter admissions policies than UConn and they don't bend them for athletes (BS, BTW). Both Dale and Holley said that is fine, but if that is actually the case, the administration needs to own it and not fire the coach after 3 years when they don't meet UConn's level of expectations. Callers also thought that the APR ban was caused by players on the current team (False). Everyone seemed to acknowledge that BC Basketball and Football is an afterthought to The Sox, Celts, Bruins and Patriots and then some...as far as 7th or 8th in interest within Greater Boston (i.e. inside 128). Judging from this thread, those callers are not totally off the mark.

They then brought up the condition of BC's facilities. It's not that they are not bad, per se...its that they are non-existent. Conte houses both the hockey team and basketball arena. The NCAA stipulates that the basketball team is allowed to warm up earlier in the day on the court and baskets where the game will be played. That means the Hockey team practices off campus (Waltham, IIRC). Dale then indicated that football fans tailgate on the baseball field. It's not used as an axillary parking lot. That is the parking lot. I don't know if that is true. Any football game I've been to at BC, we've taken the T. Painful ride really. The B green line stops every 13 feet. In the winter they inflat a bubble over the field so virtually all of their varsity teams can practice. There was no mention of a weight room or intramural facilities (e.g. the Greer Fieldhouse).

They then brought up the O'Brien episode of 1997, where 3 AAU teammates (Jonathan Depina, Michael Bradley, and Elton Tyler) were recruited by O'Brien and all but guaranteed acceptance, but 2 were reject by admissions. Incidentally, Bradley played at Burncoat High in Worcester and was coached by my high school Health teacher...different schools. I'm not from Worcester.

On a related note, I'm happy Dale Arnold is back on the air full time again. I didn't mind Mike Salk like a lot of EEI's listeners, but I though Dale got a bum deal when Holley was teamed with Ordway. Dale Arnold is incredibly knowledgeable about hockey, a sport that get far too little play on that station, even though they won the cup in '11 and were in the Finals last year.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They are horrible. So is EEI. I mostly listen to bloomberg radio and the sprinkle in a little mike & mike for a national sports feel. I rarely tolerate felger/mazz and there's a reason EEI is losing listeners.

MrP

Reaction Score
I generally enjoy Felger & Mazz, though Mike Felger's contrarian d-bagginess and straw man addiction get annoying pretty quickly.

The only comments I heard from them RE: UConn were in regards to Ollie and Auriemma's respective salaries, and how little the women's game matters as a sport. I was disappointed but not at all surprised that they took that angle.

Wish I had heard the comments referenced by the OP, I might've called in.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
D &C went on about UConn and "how does uconn recruit against better academic schools like duke stanford unc, who wouldn't want a degree from those schools first". I think they're so old school that they don't understand what UConn has turned into and it's superiority among NE public schools. They also don't have a clue about the UNC academic scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom