Feels like we haven't played for a year. | The Boneyard

Feels like we haven't played for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh well, I'll just have to placate myself with the fact we are NCs.

Reaction Score
Oh well, I'll just have to placate myself with the fact we are NCs.
Seems like forever and we get rewarded for the wait with Holy Cross. I can understand why we schedule cupcakes before the BE season begins but I would like to see us add 1 competitive game to our schedule in the Holy Cross spot.

Reaction Score
It feels like the season ended. Wouldn't be surprised to see them start out flat next game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
IIRC most UConn teams come out flat after finals. So if things hold to form the Holy Cross game will be a stinker and there will be a lot of criticism of the team.

Funny how we forget the toll exams have on kids. They may be glad the exams are over, but concerned about how they did on the tests and that would cause them to be distracted.

Reaction Score
Seems like forever and we get rewarded for the wait with Holy Cross. I can understand why we schedule cupcakes before the BE season begins but I would like to see us add 1 competitive game to our schedule in the Holy Cross spot.
I always hate this time of year, as far as Husky hoops are concerned, but there's a reason why they don't schedule many games and when they do, they're always mid-majors at best. I'm probably stating the obvious, but the frequency of games is so that the players can focus on their finals. The level of competition is because the don't seem to have very good practices during this stretch for the same reason I just mentioned, and aren't prepared enough to face a tough team as far as JC is concerned.

Without looking back, I think the WTF loss to St. Bonaventure back in the day was during this time of year.

It's sort of a catch-22 as far as fans are concerned. I'm usually fine with selling off (or not taking when I'm splitting season tickets) any games during finals or just afterwards, because they usually play down to the competition and are ugly wins.

With that said, I'm still itching to see some UConn hoops regardless. BE season can't come soon enough.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The only reason I want UConn to drub Holy Cross is so that Jacko doesn't have anything to quip about.

Reaction Score
It's about time they win by enough to put in the WOLF!

Assuming we ever play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox