Feeling a Bit Old and Cheers to Nirvana | The Boneyard

Feeling a Bit Old and Cheers to Nirvana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Nevermind" turns 20 tomorrow. I'll throw down a shot for Kurt and the rest of the band in memory of one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time.

"Nevermind" came out of left field and was something none of us had heard. The video for "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was equally as cool.

"Nevermind" along with "Appetite for Destruction", "Siamese Dream" and "Achtung Baby" resurrected rock from the crap that was early and mid-80's music.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure, celebrate Nevermind. But earlier this year everyone ignored the 35th anniversary of "Silk Degrees". Now that's a timeless album.

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
Pearl Jam's Ten album also just turned 20 recently. I felt, and still do, Pearl Jam was the better band. Both tapes (gasp!) got alot of play in my car's awesome tape deck.

Reaction Score
Pearl Jam is the better band. Nevermind is the only Nirvana album that I believe is any good, but my god is a amazing. Brilliant pop hooks in a hard rock album, great stuff. Breed is one of my favorite turn as loud as possible in the car songs there is.

Reaction Score
Both great bands. I preferred Pearl Jam, but liked them both.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
GnR and later Nirvana saved rock and roll from glam metal that was overtaking the industry. I remember a vey long stretch where every new band (U2 had been around for years) looked and sounded like a Motley Crue ripoff (a band that was a B level talent at best).

Reaction Score
Nirvana has some good songs, but Pearl Jam is unbelievable. Best band out there.

Reaction Score
Pearl Jam is the better band. Nevermind is the only Nirvana album that I believe is any good, but my god is a amazing. Brilliant pop hooks in a hard rock album, great stuff. Breed is one of my favorite turn as loud as possible in the car songs there is.

You are right to suggest Pearl Jam is better. Best American Rock band of all time?

As for Nirvana, while Nevermind is their best album, In Utero has some good stuff on it, specifically "All Apologies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom