February non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

February non-UConn Recruiting Thread

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn is involved with here.

I'd guess Arizona, UCLA, USC, and Duke are 4 of her finalists. If Stanford and Oregon weren't stacked in the frontcourt (I think) I'd add them to my guesses of her finalists. Maybe Ole Miss.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I did pretty good with my guesses. With her brother playing hoops at Pepperdine, I think Basham will end up at UCLA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I did pretty good with my guesses. With her brother playing hoops at Pepperdine, I think Basham will end up at UCLA.

Meh.... people assume that these kids want to be in close proximity to their siblings.

Reaction Score
Meh.... people assume that these kids want to be in close proximity to their siblings.

Kennedy said her college decision won't be driven by proximity to her brother when he moves to Malibu in the summer 2021 to begin college.

"I would go close to him, but I don't have to," she said. "I'll go far from home but I don't know how far. I'm not saying no to any schools that far away."

Her mother Jamie wonders how her view might change on location over time.

"Right now, she says she's open to anything but I think once he's gone it's going to hit her and hopefully that will keep her in the West Coast."

Reaction Score
Don't know anything about her but missed this from February 11th.....

1614048976551.png

Reaction Score
Timea Gardiner down to Oregon State, Stanford, and UCLA. Nail biter.

"Gardiner is considered a five-star recruit, and ESPN ranks her No. 4 among girls in the class of 2022. She’s narrowed down her college choices to three Pac-12 programs: Oregon State, Stanford and UCLA."

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I wasn't expecting that choice. I recall being puzzled about her finalists (Stanford, Oregon, Florida St., Arizona, Northwestern, and Arizona State) as each program seemed to recruit a very different type of guard from the other, and I had no idea where she'd fit in best.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Timea Gardiner down to Oregon State, Stanford, and UCLA. Nail biter.

"Gardiner is considered a five-star recruit, and ESPN ranks her No. 4 among girls in the class of 2022. She’s narrowed down her college choices to three Pac-12 programs: Oregon State, Stanford and UCLA."

Darn (well, actually stronger than that). This was a bit of an uphill battle for ND, having been the only non Pac-12 member of the "initial six." ND had sent post coach Carol Owens to Chile and she's kept in touch, but the pandemic probably didn't help ND any, since Gardiner has not been known to have ever come to NW Indiana. That keeps the ND penchant for not having any scholly player from west of the MIssissippi on the roster since Bri Turner (Texas) and Hannah Huffman (California) intact.

Known forward prospects for the Irish in 2022 (and this is a must) still in play are Ayanna Patterson and Janiah Barker. Guard KK Bransford is a prospect, too, but the forwards are key. Onwards and, unfortunately, upwards.

Reaction Score
I wasn't expecting that choice. I recall being puzzled about her finalists (Stanford, Oregon, Florida St., Arizona, Northwestern, and Arizona State) as each program seemed to recruit a very different type of guard from the other, and I had no idea where she'd fit in best.

I had always thought she was a strong three point shooter, but that does not seem to be her strength. She has shot under 32% from three in each of her high school season (32% as a frosh, 25% as a sophomore, now 27% as a junior). Not necessarily great three point percentages.

She also committed to Texas Tech back in 2016, so an interesting recruiting process to say the least.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Darn (well, actually stronger than that). This was a bit of an uphill battle for ND, having been the only non Pac-12 member of the "initial six." ND had sent post coach Carol Owens to Chile and she's kept in touch, but the pandemic probably didn't help ND any, since Gardiner has not been known to have ever come to NW Indiana. That keeps the ND penchant for not having any scholly player from west of the MIssissippi on the roster since Bri Turner (Texas) and Hannah Huffman (California) intact.

Known forward prospects for the Irish in 2022 (and this is a must) still in play are Ayanna Patterson and Janiah Barker. Guard KK Bransford is a prospect, too, but the forwards are key. Onwards and, unfortunately, upwards.
I don't think Patterson is typically what Muffet would go after at SF/W, but with Ivey in charge now I think missing out on Patterson would be a big miss for ND.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Patterson is typically what Muffet would go after at SF/W, but with Ivey in charge now I think missing out on Patterson would be a big miss for ND.

Agreed on both fronts. Niele, when she was in charge of recruiting, started looking at Patterson at any early age. However, my gut tells me that MM would've also kept contact with a player like Grace VanSlooten, just down I-80 in Toledo.

With Niele, it's all in on tall athletic small/forwards who can get up and down the floor to join her field general Olivia Miles and tall off guard, Sonia Citron. Patterson was allegedly the third prospect (after Miles and Citron) that Niele contacted after getting the top job. Let's hope she has the same success that she had with Olivia and Sonia.
It's essential for the Irish.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom