February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When do folks think we'll see more verbal commits? In the Spring after the season?
We are in a dead prior right now until April. Hopefully. Some visits can start then. Coaches néed SOME face time.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the day when Edwards starts hitting outside shots as Brady does. It's coming.
I'm sure she will soon. Probably by the time of the Big East tourney.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Six clips from Ayanna Patterson's last game as a junior in Saturday's regional final:

Reaction Score
I would like to see one more quality Post to go along with Ice and then UCONN should call it a day!
Me too. There aren't that many each year and I'd grab them when I could.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A bit of off-the-court info on 2023 Aalyah Del Rosario:

Slu thanks for posting this. Yet another reason COVID sucks I was hoping to get to a couple TCA games this season to see Del Rosario play. She is shaping up very much like a UCONN kid.
Work ethic check! " I don’t really care about rankings,” Del Rosario said. “I just care about putting the work in, getting better every day." "Every time I am at the gym, I put in extra time after practice. I stay after practice to put some shots up, do some layups, shoot some free throws."
Versatility check! "She is not just your average post up kid: she can come out and shoot threes."
Leadership check! "She is a leader on and off the floor,” Salmon (her coach) said.
Academics check; Del Rosario is an excellent student. Even though English is her second language, she has a 3.8 GPA
Obviously the basketball skills are there it also very nice to know that she checks so many of the other boxes.​

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes. That's why I want some insurance. I'd take Patterson if possible along with Brady too.
Agree I don't understand why people don't understand that this is an arms race in which we need to be keeping up. Think about this for a second I'm very happy with Ice Brady, Amari, AE however consider the front court players that UCONN has lost to just Stanford alone:
Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Luren Betts, & Okikiola Iriafen

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Agree I don't understand why people don't understand that this is an arms race in which we need to be keeping up. Think About this for a second I'm very happy with Ice Brady, Amari, AE however consider the front court players that UCONN has lost to just Stanford alone:

And SC has Rivers and Feagin coming in. There is no detente.

Reaction Score
I would like to see one more quality Post to go along with Ice and then UCONN should call it a day!
A shut down defensive guard who also can shoot would also be a nice addition much like Jefferson.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A shut down defensive guard who also can shoot would also be a nice addition much like Jefferson.
That would have been the aforementioned Rivers in 2021. In 2022 Rice and Bransford could help with that and in '23 Mikayla Willams is best equipped to fit that bill.

Reaction Score
Agree I don't understand why people don't understand that this is an arms race in which we need to be keeping up. Think about this for a second I'm very happy with Ice Brady, Amari, AE however consider the front court players that UCONN has lost to just Stanford alone:
Of course, and just because the ESPN gurus tell you that a 6-2 to 6-5 or so post kid is elite doesn't mean they are. The smart coaches that can get multiple bigs that pass their eye test will take them because they know there aren't that many really good ones out there. And even then some of them wash out for various reasons. Get 'em while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom