February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3/1

Azzi Fudd: 17 points (5-16 FG, 3-10 3-PT), 6 rebs, 5 assists

Kiki Rice: 15 points (7-19 FG), 12 rebounds
Well, Azzi and Kiki combined for 32. I thought they would get 60.

Reaction Score
Like most BY’ers, I believe it will take some time for Piath to reach her full potential at UConn. But I also see an opportunity for her to play meaningful minutes backing up Liv, perhaps as early as the middle of next season.

Piath is a big, strong girl, who can run the court. If she can just learn the basics of defending the paint and rebounding at the college level, Piath could provide important minutes off the bench, anywhere from 5-15 per game towards the back half of next season.
Your assessment is spot on. The few teams with outstanding bigs rarely have similar players on the bench i.e. Griffin or even Anna could be called on the sub for the few minutes they need to rest. Paith facing a 2nd string center would be a fair fight.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“It just feels smoother,” said Fudd, who finished with a game-high 17 points, six rebounds and five assists. “I’ve never been worried about my knees, but I just feel a little bit more like my old self every game I come back.”

While his daughter hasn’t regained her explosiveness, Tim Fudd believes she’s a better shooter.

Fudd said she feels 85 percent healthy and expects to be at full health next season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rori Harmon:

A quick 5'6" PG from Texas? That worked out pretty well last time, but Mo was rated really, really high. If we have Paige and Nika, do we need a PG in 2021?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
A quick 5'6" PG from Texas? That worked out pretty well last time, but Mo was rated really, really high. If we have Paige and Nika, do we need a PG in 2021?

Especially if things work out with Ashlon Jackson in the 22 class.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“It just feels smoother,” said Fudd, who finished with a game-high 17 points, six rebounds and five assists. “I’ve never been worried about my knees, but I just feel a little bit more like my old self every game I come back.”

While his daughter hasn’t regained her explosiveness, Tim Fudd believes she’s a better shooter.

Fudd said she feels 85 percent healthy and expects to be at full health next season.

Glad to hear that Azzi is playing, playing well, winning, and, most importantly, having fun. Play hard, play smart, and have fun. I've heard that somewhere.

Reaction Score
I would say no need for a PG in 21.

Reaction Score
Well, Azzi and Kiki combined for 32. I thought they would get 60.

Neither of them shot the ball well. Neither of them have a teammate that could get them an easy shot consistently. I was impressed with Kiki’s defense and her effort getting on the boards. It seemed like she had every defensIve rebound.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I said it more than once before, but I'm really glad that if The Knife had to injure her knee, she did it with an entire year left in HS to get back to her former self.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom