Fear | The Boneyard

Fear

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Something I learned about Fearing something a long time ago. When in sports and you have a Fear attack it. I read alot of posts about OMG they have so many bigs and we dont. My remedy is clear it out get your quickest player and go right at them and try to get them in foul trouble. You might need to make some moves and go straight to the rim. At some point they have to foul you and if they foul you 3 times theyre on the bench. In golf I have a friend who is afraid of water hazards. So I brought a bunch of old balls and one day dropped them next to the water hazard and said go ahead and hit them to you knock if over. After 6 balls he hit one over. Then hit another in the water and then hit 3 in a row over. I looked at him and said with a smile....you did it. In BB attack the big until they get in foul trouble. JMO

Reaction Score
Something I learned about Fearing something a long time ago. When in sports and you have a Fear attack it. I read alot of posts about OMG they have so many bigs and we dont. My remedy is clear it out get your quickest player and go right at them and try to get them in foul trouble. You might need to make some moves and go straight to the rim. At some point they have to foul you and if they foul you 3 times theyre on the bench. In golf I have a friend who is afraid of water hazards. So I brought a bunch of old balls and one day dropped them next to the water hazard and said go ahead and hit them to you knock if over. After 6 balls he hit one over. Then hit another in the water and then hit 3 in a row over. I looked at him and said with a smile....you did it. In BB attack the big until they get in foul trouble. JMO

If it was that easy, Geno would have told the players to attack last night. Easier said than done when they may be more athletic than you. As for the golf analogy, you should have brought brand new balls, that would have gotten your friend over the fear quicker :)

Reaction Score
An athletes psyche can be very fragile. Let's face it, UConn's season success is wrapped around a couple of OOC games and the NCAA tournament and that is an extremely unusual situation at this level. Toss in the extraordinary success of the program, the iconic players preceding them, and that translates into a very unique kind of "pressure". Add in the fact that UConn has gone 3 whole years without a championship in a "championship or bust" environment and who knows what is going on inside the players heads. Williams for most of the year and Walker in the "big games" just appear (from very afar) to be overthinking the moment rather than just playing. Hopefully, they figure it out.

Reaction Score
Yup, they need to just play. Have fun, play hard, make those cuts and pass the ball to the open player. The USA game had a lot of this.
If a starter is constantly missing shots you would think Geno would change the game plan to maybe involve a Freshman who is very, very good. Friday’s game will be fun!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom