Favorite Takeaway From Today | The Boneyard

Favorite Takeaway From Today

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The newcomers- Clingan, Joey C and Alleyne looking comfortable in the Garden in front of a lively crowd.

Good, bad or otherwise, it's NYC and it's the Garden. Some players love the limelight and some take time getting used to it. These guys showed they were ready for the moment.

One less thing to worry about is deer in headlight come BET time.

Yeah Karaban had a stinker due to foul trouble but I am confident in his ability to perform the second and third, fourth time around.

Reaction Score
AJax settling in and finding his spots.

I'm glad he's not putting up 4 threes in the first half anymore (and his first one tonight was an end of clock situation so he had no choice) but every once in a while he takes one in rhythm and you can tell it's down when it leaves his hand. I felt that way about the one he hit down the stretch tonight.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Jordan’s run down block or the Clingan block where he grabbed it himself after blocking it. Or when he tipped in his own miss and the announcer said it looked like he was playing nerf basketball and it kind of did.

Reaction Score
My favorite play was when Andre drove to the hoop, with primary intent to draw contact and get to FT line. I have been waiting all year for him to do that. He drove, it was an obvious foul that refs had to call, and he got to shoot 2 FTs. I think he could easily do that 3 times a game and give us 4-5 points, and it would give us another way to score when 3 ball, and Sanogo post up not working.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm glad he's not putting up 4 threes in the first half anymore (and his first one tonight was an end of clock situation so he had no choice) but every once in a while he takes one in rhythm and you can tell it's down when it leaves his hand. I felt that way about the one he hit down the stretch tonight.

He took that 3 right after he made 2 FT. Almost like ge needed to dial in his shooting touch.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There was a play early in the 2nd half -- Adama just inside the 3 pt line passes the ball to Newton in his favorite spot. Hawk circles under the basket and goes into high gear heading for the 3 pt line. Sanogo starts moving toward the basket, but when Hawk goes flying by, the two defenders on that side of the court both both go with him. Sanogo walks to the basket and Newton tosses him the ball for what had to be the easiest layup of his career. The fear of letting Hawk get to the 3 point line uncovered gave Sanogo an unmolested layup. I really felt like that breakdown really took the air out of the St J's players on the floor.

Reaction Score
There was a play early in the 2nd half -- Adama just inside the 3 pt line passes the ball to Newton in his favorite spot. Hawk circles under the basket and goes into high gear heading for the 3 pt line. Sanogo starts moving toward the basket, but when Hawk goes flying by, the two defenders on that side of the court both both go with him. Sanogo walks to the basket and Newton tosses him the ball for what had to be the easiest layup of his career. The fear of letting Hawk get to the 3 point line uncovered gave Sanogo an unmolested layup. I really felt like that breakdown really took the air out of the St J's players on the floor.
This was a classic bait and switch with the defense both buying the bait! Loved it. Me thinks Santago was totally amazed how easy it was.

Reaction Score
Definitely a lot to like. Here are a few of mine off the top of my head:
  • We can have a down game from a great player (Alex tonight) and the other guys pick them up
  • Sanogo is not the vortex he used to be and has improved passing
  • Jordan is fearless with his shot taking
  • Alex's ability to drive the ball
  • Help Defense
  • St Johns making the game ugly since they couldn't compete every other way and we still hung on
  • Danny's better use of TO's this year
  • Cling-Kong block party (the future is BRIGHT!)
  • Alleyne becoming what we wanted - I'm getting the feeling now that everything he shoots is going in
  • Me knowing the alley oop play is coming but ST John's coach didn't (that's def. one of Danny's favorite post- time out play)
  • Our guys helping each other control their emotions
  • our Fans at the Garden! What a showcase. BET will be nuts.

Reaction Score
Joey looked really good out there today. Does he get more time?
Why the heck not? Games he’s played over 15 minutes how has the team done? I never understood why he was basically benched as soon as he had one off game

Reaction Score
Definitely a lot to like. Here are a few of mine off the top of my head:
  • We can have a down game from a great player (Alex tonight) and the other guys pick them up
  • Sanogo is not the vortex he used to be and has improved passing
  • Jordan is fearless with his shot taking
  • Alex's ability to drive the ball
  • Help Defense
  • St Johns making the game ugly since they couldn't compete every other way and we still hung on
  • Danny's better use of TO's this year
  • Cling-Kong block party (the future is BRIGHT!)
  • Alleyne becoming what we wanted - I'm getting the feeling now that everything he shoots is going in
  • Me knowing the alley oop play is coming but ST John's coach didn't (that's def. one of Danny's favorite post- time out play)
  • Our guys helping each other control their emotions
  • our Fans at the Garden! What a showcase. BET will be nuts.
Great post!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Why the heck not? Games he’s played over 15 minutes how has the team done? I never understood why he was basically benched as soon as he had one off game
I will never understand how fans watch him go 2 for 17 from three over a 6 game span and wonder why he's not getting the minutes he was when he was shooting over 40%.

Reaction Score
I will never understand how fans watch him go 2 for 17 from three over a 6 game span and wonder why he's not getting the minutes he was when he was shooting over 40%.
3 shots and just a few minutes per game is not enough for players to get their rhythm. He played big minutes for San Diego State so this is different. He is a scoring threat.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
3 shots and just a few minutes per game is not enough for players to get their rhythm. He played big minutes for San Diego State so this is different. He is a scoring threat.
He was a major scoring threat early and earned a lot of minutes. But then fell into a black hole offensively. No way to play him big minutes when he's not scoring, because his defense is mostly awful. It looks like he has come out of that shooting slump, and if he keeps shooting well, he will see a lot of minutes post season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom