Favorite non Husky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite non Husky

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner (Notre Dame). She's a special talent. I still wish to this day (in spite of her injuries) she had come to Storrs. Imagine what Geno, CD and Marisa could have done with her over four years. I don't necessarily root for ND, but I root for her, now and at the next level. She will be a first rounder. I'm not sure if she ever was offered by Geno. Does anyone know? I have other non-UConn players that I like, but she is my favorite. :cool:

10544042.jpeg
I agree with having her under the Blue and White, with Geno, but I think Muffet would have done a better job if Bree could have stayed on the court. She's just an all around great person that if it weren't for bad luck wouldn't have any at all.

Reaction Score
I read a knock on A’ja in the thread on “who would Geno pick”.

I’ve always liked her play, sportsmanship and personality. So it made me think we could have another round of admiring our competition.

Of current players A’ja would get my vote.

For recent players I would go for Kelsey Plum with an assist to her teammate Chantel.

For the classics, I have to vote for Kara Lawson. Though she got me seeing orange in her NCAA days, she is just so good on tv. (She once squeezed room on an elevator ride for my wife and me at the civic center and was very gracious)
My choices......
Katie Douglas, Jackie Stiles, Alana Beard, Ruth Riley.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I know she is sitting out but I enjoyed watching that dynamo Slocum. Being from Delaware, of course Della Donne is my favorite pro non-husky. It's a shame the state of our society caused her youth to be such a challenge or she would have been an amazing husky.

How did the state of our society cause Delle Donne's youth to be such a challenge? Everything I've read or seen has indicated she left UConn because she was homesick, specifically that she missed her sister. That doesn't seem to me to be a societal problem.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Brooke would be high on my list among active players. Why do you think she is not the player this year as last? Injury? Marriage?

No idea. I think the inconsistency predates her engagement. One thing that's consistently impressed me this year is her rebounding. How does a slight 5-4 kid get 9 rebounds in a game? (Note my fondness for Anriel Howard, I like rebounders.)

Reaction Score
Shoni Shimmel accomplished a lot with limited physical gifts.
I have to second that one too! I remember watching her one year in a series of games at the big east tourney, and really enjoyed her game.

Reaction Score
This may be an odd pick but I've always enjoyed watching Laura Ferreira (USF) play some hard nose basketball. She's like the European version of Kia Nurse. She doesn't have Kia's shot, but she has her grit and determination. She may not have played her best against Connecticut over the last few years (I think she made 1 shot her last outting) but she sure had a feisty attitude and unwavering defense. She's fantastic against non-UCONN squads. Jose landed a great recruit with her. He seems to also have a knack for international recruiting (Laksa, et al.)

I'm also a bit biased since she is from Spain (I had lived and gone to school there)
:D
I also like our games vs José ‘ teams in general.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I agree with having her under the Blue and White, with Geno, but I think Muffet would have done a better job if Bree could have stayed on the court. She's just an all around great person that if it weren't for bad luck wouldn't have any at all.

I know where you're coming from, but it's worth noting that Turner is a two-time All-American. We talk about what might have been had she stayed healthy but what has been is pretty darn good, too.

I just want to have her be healthy for duration of the NCAA tournament once. Fingers crossed for next year...

Reaction Score
Sophie Cunningham for me. Love how hard she plays and even moreso how she doesn’t care about stats. All she wants is wins. Oh, and the injuries/pain she plays through... can’t love her anymore.

Honorable mention to Ionescu. I don’t miss her games either.

All time would be Penny Taylor. Or Karlie. Or Osahor. Or Augustus. So many. I could name these all night.

Reaction Score
Ionescu is a leader!!! She was was running team last year as a freshman, and they were listing to her. She has the same affect on her teammates that Ray Lewis HOF (by the end of the day) (Baltimore Ravens) did. They played hard for him and with him because they didn't want to disappoint him. He worked harder than anyone else on the team. He lead by example. Ionescu is a no none sense player who is very intelligent, who you don't have to repeat instructions to. She's like having a coach on the floor. The NCAA record number of double-doubles she owns and is increasing, is proof that she is an extra special talent. UConn has 4-5 players in team history that have recorded a DD. Ionescu has 9, and she only in her 2nd year.

Last evening (Friday 2/12/18) Cal head coach Lindsay Gottlieb was the latest coach to come away impressed with Ionescu, the sophomore who leads the Pac-12 in scoring (19.8 ppg) and assists (7.7). "Sabrina has an uncanny ability to make everyone around her better and make the offense flow," Gottlieb said. "They have other good players as well who knocked down shots, but she puts a lot of pressure on your defense, and their team responds to that." Just like the Ravens did for Ray Lewis. :cool: She will do well at the next level once she adapts to the speed and nuances of the pro game.

Edit addendum - 5:35 pst ......It's official!! (As I predicted) ;)
Ray Lewis, Randy Moss and Brian Urlacher were all selected for enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018.

All three players were in their first year of eligibility and join Terrell Owens and Brian Dawkins as the modern-era selections to be enshrined. Those five players join longtime personnel executive Bobby Beathard (contributor) and seniors committee nominees Jerry Kramer and Robert Brazile for enshrinement.
Love the part about Sabrina Scoop! My problem is Ray Lewis making the HOF! Everyone knows Ray Lewis was responsible for killing those 2 people! He received 1 year probation because his white suit disappeared! He is a Thug, Coward and Murderer! I promised my son years ago anytime Philadelphia made the Super Bowl. I would watch the big game with him. So hopefully The Eagles Fly today! I also said if Ray Lewis was put in the HOF. I will never watch football again in my life!!! Not because I am a NFL Fan it is more than that! It is personal and I will leave it at that!

Reaction Score
Been a Uconn Fan since 1987 when Laura Lishness arrived! The one player I loved watching was Chamiqua Holdsclaw! IMO the best player ever at Tennessee!

Reaction Score
I turn the channel when ever ray Lewis comes on can’t stand him either but won’t give up football

Reaction Score
I have read or heard some pretty convincing details on that “Ray Lewis” murder indicating he was NOT responsible. ?? In any case I agree he’s unlistenable as a commentator. Dan LeBatard used to do a regular segment on Tuesday mornings where they played a sound clip of Ray mumbling some gibberish from the previous night’s MNF broadcast, and audience callers tried to guess what it was he said. Hilarious. No one could actually get it “right” because it could never be accurately verified what he actually said.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Favorite non husky:

Current WCBB players? Asia Durr... easily. Just cold blooded. I hope she really tears up UConn in a few days :D.. HM goes to Arike Ogunbowale. I like flashy guards that can take over games. I’m a Chennedy Carter fan as well... I’ll like her even more once she learns a little bit of restraint.

Past WCBB players? Alyssa Thomas... again, easily. She was just a beast for Maryland. Can do it all and competed with an intensity you don’t often see. I loooooved her fire for the game and she’s a big reason I became a FAN of WCBB. I was a casual watcher for years before her.. but I became a FAN after Thomas. HM goes to Odyssey Sims.. I loved watching her dish the ball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson, despite the color of her uniform
Boy I hated Lawson when she played. Like her now though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can be Alyssadryguy in five seconds ha ha jk.
Ha ha, yeah well delete your post just in case someone scans the BY. Just sayin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom