Favorite Jazz /Jazz Fusion | The Boneyard

Favorite Jazz /Jazz Fusion

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, I'll try to keep myself to a few now and then. The first thing that came to mind is not as jazzy or rocky as most of the stuff by Mahavishnu, but it's my favorite piece of theirs:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was introduced to Brand X by a friend who loved Genesis. Phil Collins drummed for BX on several of their albums.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One more and I'll shut up for today. It was close between this one and "Little house I used to live in" from Burnt Weeny Sandwich.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone - I certainly have some listening to do later tonight with all your selections. :D:D

This one amazed me back in the 70's, and it still does today:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone - I certainly have some listening to do later tonight with all your selections. . .

What a tragedy Tommy Bolin's untimely death was. He was 25, had recorded with the James Gang and Deep Purple and must have been playing and recording all the time given his posthumous catalogue. Tragic right up there with Duane Allman, and since this IS a jazz-fusion thread, Jaco Pastorius.

I hadn't heard this, it's beautiful.

Reaction Score
This one is interesting because it’ a lost recording of Evans working on a new tune in his New York apartment. Evans gave the tape to his bass player who tossed it in a drawer until years later. After listening to it he told his wife, Eliane Elias, about it. She did and finished it, adding lyrics...

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Why on earth would Crimson have three drummers -- three trap sets right at the front of the stage? I mean, they're not Santana, and maybe it would take two drummers to replace Bruford, but I really don't get it. They made plenty of noise as a quartet. I do like the addition/return of Mel Collins, but I think three drummers is a bit much.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Feel like I'm posting her videos a lot lately but here is my jazz entry:

The video is a little lame, but it is a great song.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom