Reaction Score
Walt Drapo
Actually Walt Dropo, just a typo right?

He certainly got around…….

IMG_1456.jpeg

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun reversed years of losing top Connecticut talent by successfully recruiting 4 straight Connecticut high school players of the year from 1987 - 1990. Murray Williams, Chris Smith, Scott Burrell, and ???????
Oliver Macklin

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I did forget Ellison’s name but I remember watching a HS game on tv. Ellison was from Hartford but played for Farmington. They were playing Avon. It was not top notch competition. Anyway I couldn’t pick out the UConn recruit. He blended in with the other players. That’s a small sample size but it proved to be accurate. It was the same year we were recruiting Travis Best. Caught one of his HS games on TV and it was instantly score, steal, score by him. He stood out big time.

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I doubt anyone would get this but it’s interesting. 2001-2002 and we just had to hope that Justin Brown was going to make a big leap forward and be able to contribute at center. The guy we picked up very late to no hype was Emeka Okafor. The first exhibition game and we weren’t expecting anything much and that is what we got. Emeka fouled out without scoring. Somehow the refs don’t make him leave though and he is fouled on the next possession. He hit his first point while being ineligible. After his foul shots the refs noticed he had 5 fouls or Calhoun just took him out on his own.

There was no indication of what he would bring to the table from that scrimmage game. He dominated Arizona blocking everything in an early season road game at Arizona and was the man even as a freshman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who holds the NCAA D-1 record for most times scoring the games' first basket in the same Final Four?
I wasn't sure if you meant the same final four, meaning 2 in just one year, or scoring in the same final four regardless of year. Nevertheless, I'm stumped. I checked 2014, 2023, 2024 and a Husky only scored the first basket once in 2014 and 2023. Boatright and Hawkins. I think.

I'd guess Kareem.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure if you meant the same final four, meaning 2 in just one year, or scoring in the same final four regardless of year. Nevertheless, I'm stumped. I checked 2014, 2023, 2024 and a Husky only scored the first basket once in 2014 and 2023. Boatright and Hawkins. I think.

I'd guess Kareem.
HooperScooper with the huge hint it the post after that one.

Reaction Score
Name a former UConn football player who had 144 RBI’s, 34 home runs, batted 322, and won the American League Rookie of the year, and turned down an offer to play football for the Chicago Bears in order to play in the Major Leagues. It’s easy, but……
Walt Dropo

Reaction Score
Last I recall this was true...

When was the last time UConn went a full game without hitting a three-pointer?

February 2, 2009.

What really makes this notable is the game itself. Surely UConn lost, and probably pretty badly, if they couldn't hit a single triple?

Nope, absolutely dominated no. 5 Louisville, who would be the number one overall seed in the tourney that year, at Freedom Hall. 68-51 final, Thabeet and Adrien just bodied them. As far as regular season wins go, that one is at the very top for me.

Pretty likely this stands as the last three-less game for as long as Hurley is our coach.
Famously, the game we dominated Louisville at their place we didn't hit a 3.

Reaction Score
Not able to fact check myself but this is a UCONN Player if memory serves…

Who’s the first college basketball player to foul out with 6 fouls?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Tate George?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who holds the record for most times stepping out of bounds on the baseline?

Who holds the record for most times stepping out of bounds on the sideline?

Reaction Score
Who holds the record for most times stepping out of bounds on the baseline?

Who holds the record for most times stepping out of bounds on the sideline?
the late, great Cup Cormier from Louisiana also was known to step out of bounds on a catch occasionally…

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Scotty Burrell?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom