Favorite home game memory | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite home game memory

Reaction Score
2010 Snow Bowl game. We won the Big East and we were headed to the Fiesta Bowl.

Then we became the poster child for why the BCS didn't work. We were literally laughed at by ESPN who wanted a playoff and were willing to sacrifice us to get it. Then we lost to OK. Then RE left and we hired Bugs Bunny. Then we were passed over by the ACC and Big Ten. We were at one time the winners in a BCS Conference. Now we are stuck in the backwater AAC looking up from the bottom and we basically need to go undefeated to have a chance at a big Bowl Game.

Anything was possible that November night in 2010. That was my favorite night.

Reaction Score

Then we became the poster child for why the BCS didn't work. We were literally laughed at by ESPN who wanted a playoff and were willing to sacrifice us to get it. Then we lost to OK. Then RE left and we hired Bugs Bunny. Then we were passed over by the ACC and Big Ten. We were at one time the winners in a BCS Conference. Now we are stuck in the backwater AAC looking up from the bottom and we basically need to go undefeated to have a chance at a big Bowl Game.

We actually won (tied) for two BE championships.

Reaction Score
2011 vs Pitt, Down 21-13 after a Pitt TD Nick Williams takes the kick return to the house 21-20. Pitt gets shut down on their next possession, Teggart kicks a field goal 23-21. Ensuing kick off Ray Graham fumbles the kick off (and Jerome Junior lays a dude out so Robbie Frey can recover.) Few plays later Frazer hits Isaiah Moore on the wheel and it's 30-21. Sandstorm plays before the kickoff and the student section was absolutely berserk. Good guys hold on after RE goes for it on 4th down in our own 20 late.

That was 2010. Proceeding the 2011 Fiesta Bowl.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I believe the "Snow Bowl" game you're referring to was vs. USF in 2009. The game that put us in the Fiesta Bowl was in 2010 vs USF at Tampa. I was at that game. Dave Teggart hit a 52-yard FG on the last play of the game to win it 19-16. That game put us in the Fiesta Bowl. If Dave hadn't made that FG, we were going to lose that game in OT. USF had all the momentum in the 4Q. We were playing like a boxer trying to hang on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite moment as well and I still think about that game all the time.
That ending was a mixed blessing in one respect. Because the game ran so late, anyone leaving east on Silver Lane to I-384 ran into a DUI Checkpoint setup on the overpass. Not that there would have been a problem but we went right on to the highway just in case.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It's still the 2004 night game against Pitt for me. I've still yet to see the Rent as electric as it was that night. If I had to pick a moment from that game maybe Justin Perkins' pick 6 of Palko.

Honorable mention to the Larry Taylor fair catch game. It rained so hard before the game we packed up the tailgate early and headed into the stadium the moment they opened the gates just to hang under the concourse to stay dry.

You and I could be friends. That Pitt game on a Thursday night was mine. Crowd forced consecutive delay of games and a timeout in the late 3rd quarter.

Also, see my avatar sig.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom