Favorite Fight Songs and Mascots. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite Fight Songs and Mascots.

Reaction Score
Indeed it is. The WVU band plays a version of the traditional song as arranged by Aaron Copeland.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How can you not like the school fight song from Yale --Boola Boola. It even made it into a Tarzan movie.

“Boola Boola”
Words and music by Alan Hirsch, 1901
Boola boola, boola boola
Boola boola, boola boola
When we rough house poor old hahvahd
They will holler, “Boola boo”
Oh Yale, Eli Yale! Oh Yale, Eli Yale!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My alma mater's fight song pretty much explains their lack of gridiron success.

Be nice; if that's your alma mater, then you know that isn't the fight song. OTH, I can't fathom the connection between "fight song" and the title "The Bells Must Ring".

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona's is catchy as well. "Bear Down, Arizona" although there is another "official" fight song, "Fight Wildcats, Fight".

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Our HS fight song was sung to the tune of Columbia's "Roar Lion, Roar!"...

"Hi Eastern High
We're here to cheer you on to vic-tor-ry-ee
We'll stand beside you come what may
Stand beside you cheering for the blue and grey
We're out to win
So let's begin
Lancers on top forever
Hi Eastern High
We're here to keep your colors flying high."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How can you not like the school fight song from Yale --Boola Boola. It even made it into a Tarzan movie.

“Boola Boola”
Words and music by Alan Hirsch, 1901
Boola boola, boola boola
Boola boola, boola boola
When we rough house poor old hahvahd
They will holler, “Boola boo”

Stolen by Oklahoma, with an added flourish, and re-named "Boomer Sooner".

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My favorite version of Simple Gifts. I give it to all as a gift from Alison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma. If you keep listening there is more.

Reaction Score
Be nice; if that's your alma mater, then you know that isn't the fight song. OTH, I can't fathom the connection between "fight song" and the title "The Bells Must Ring".

RC '69. Posted "Nobody Ever Died" as a joke. Don't worry though, I must have chanted 'RU Rah Rah' thousands of times in my life.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I dunno if its the fight song...... but I love the TAMU War Hymn. Im sure ive heard it many times in the past... but only really paid attention and listened to it during last year's 2nd round game in the men's NCAA tourney when they came to Charlotte and mud stomped the Tar Holes in front of thousands of weak blue clad fans... but anyway. They played it after the victory... and I was humming it for days afterwards. :cool: I love the fight songs that also throw shade at rivals........... like TU :D

Reaction Score
I dunno if its the fight song. but I love the TAMU War Hymn. Im sure ive heard it many times in the past... but only really paid attention and listened to it during last year's 2nd round game in the men's NCAA tourney when they came to Charlotte and mud stomped the Tar Holes in front of thousands of weak blue clad fans... but anyway. They played it after the victory... and I was humming it for days afterwards. :cool: I love the fight songs that also throw shade at rivals...... like TU :D

it’s the fight song. Despite my posting the tweet above putting it as the sound for a Ladt Gaga video, I love it too, and enjoy joining the crowd in the “saw Varsity’s horns off” part. The team and the dance team girls do it on the court after a win and sometimes the team goes into the stands to “saw ‘em off” with the crowd.

Reaction Score
TAMU is an interesting road show. Will make a trip to College Station one of these years.

Reaction Score

Arkansas Razorback Fight Song

Hit that goal! Hit that shot!
Keep on going!
Move that ball right down the court!
Give a cheer. Rah! Rah!
Never fear. Rah! Rah!
Arkansas will never yield!
On your toes, Razorbacks, to the finish,
Carry on with all your might!
For it's A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S for Arkansas!
Fight, fight, fight!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My alma mater's fight song pretty much explains their lack of gridiron success.
I like Rutgers' fight song, but that may be because they're my second favorite team.

This is what I consider their fight song, though.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I really like SC State University's fight song. The bands at HBCU's are so much better than everyone else's, also. I live within earshot of 2 HBCU's in Columbia and I love hearing their bands practicing before football season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Arizona's is catchy as well. "Bear Down, Arizona" although there is another "official" fight song, "Fight Wildcats, Fight".
My brother is a professor at the U of A and I've been to a few of their basketball games. They do have a catchy fight song.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My alma mater's fight song: Ragtime Cowboy Joe. Favorite mascot: Puddles the duck. (My father's alma mater is Oregon).

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Does "Bear Down" take on a different meaning when Arizona plays Cal?

Reaction Score
One of the most impressive scores in Football is the Alfred Newman Oscar nominated theme from the movie Captain from Castile -Conquest. It is especially striking as a Trojan Rider on Traveler comes into the stadium before each game.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Does "Bear Down" take on a different meaning when Arizona plays Cal?
Cute. I'll even give you very cute on that. We are not that clever, and probably think it is superstitious to mess with our motto "Bear Down".

I still think ASwho has one of the best put-downs - their "No Pity for the Kitty" t-shirts and sometimes chants.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The number one fight song.... hands down
limona.gif
limona.gif
limona.gif
limona.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors