• Andre Dyson

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Jeremy Lamb

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Dyson had two ridiculous dunks in back-to-back games early in his junior or senior year. One was on Memphis and was ridiculous.

Marcus Johnson was super athletic and I have no memory of him ever playing against good teams until seeing that video.

I'd kill for a Doug Wrenn dunk comp. It probably would be a 15 second vid but he was (JCs words, too) the best leaper we've ever had. I only remember two, actually. One was early in his freshmen year against some cupcake and he swooped in TRob style along the baseline and the other was against GTown when Khalid put it off the glass for him. Wrenn had ridiculous spring

Sticks was not athletic enough to play in the BE so I would not have him #1. Our best dunker was Rudy, imo. When he was at full speed and leaping it was sorta Drexler-esque with the glide, spring, and long arms.

Donyell is also missing from the list. His swooping one-hand dunks and the two sorta 360s were pretty memorable.

Reaction Score

Great job as always tcf but let’s keep it real for a second...as athletic and explosive as Johnson was he really isn’t even in the convo for BDOAT at UCONN and imo not even in the convo for top 5. To even be considered as a candidate the guy either needs to be able to dunk over someone or be able to add some flavor and do different types of dunks. Every single dunk in that montage was either an alley oop or a breakaway where he only did a standard 1 or 2 hand finish. Not good enough imo. Think Donyells 360 on a partial breakaway or some of Rudy Gay or Ray Allen’s breakaway dunks....to me that’s the standard to even be considered.

I had a feeling Stanley would run away with it and that’s fair (tho I voted for Ray) but Stanley was strictly a 2 foot jumper and to me 2 foot dunkers look way less impressive. Stanley absolutely 100% is the best put back/rebound dunker of all time.

Reaction Score
Phil Nolan at the Garden vs MSU is one of my top 10 considering the circumstances. Got Warde excited as well which which is a nice sidelight as he goes in.

Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson was super athletic and I have no memory of him ever playing against good teams until seeing that video.
I had the same thought. I couldn't recall seeing him play, but when I watched the highlight reel, I saw myself on the sideline in a bunch of the clips (cheerleading team).

Reaction Score
To even be considered as a candidate the guy either needs to be able to dunk over someone or be able to add some flavor and do different types of dunks. Every single dunk in that montage was either an alley oop or a breakaway where he only did a standard 1 or 2 hand finish. Not good enough imo.

There's something to be said for power though. A lot of those dunks featured defenders literally running/falling away from him. The one against Indiana at 2:28 of the vid is particularly fun.

I guess I'm a Jerome Lane disciple. Ballet's nice and all but give me a guy who can send it in.

Have to admit though that I remember virtually none of the Marcus dunks in the video. I remember a very athletic guy who couldn't shoot very well, but I don't remember a master dunker.

Reaction Score
Denham had some underrated poster dunks.

I always thought this one by Hilton was pretty sick. Don't see too many in-traffic reverses.

Reaction Score
of course there were solid dunkers, but rudy killed it

i see a lot of young rudy gays tho

Reaction Score
I think I got sidetracked with "best" vs. "favorite." I think my favorite dunker(s) we've had that do not fit in the "best" category would be Smitty, Kemba, and Adrien. Smitty and Kemba b/c when they dunked it was always an exclamation point and when Adrien dunked it just had an extra anger to it.

Reaction Score
The title says "favorite," not "best." Who was your favorite?

I'm partially very bored right now, but I also just love seeing poll results. Plus, I'm anxiously awaiting the results of navery's sheep game to be unveiled!

So we've have had some awesome dunkers throughout the years, but I had to whittle the responses down to the dunkers that I thought would have the best chance to win. I didn't want to give 10-15 options, but probably could have. I left off guys like Rod Sellers, Donny/Donyell, Caron, Rip, Ben Gordon, and Thabeet. These guys may have garnered a few votes, but ultimately could not have won (IMO). If you absolutely love one of them (or someone else), vote "other." I was also undecided on Bouk. He's just so young, but what he's shown so far got him on the short list. And sorry...I left off Kwintin Williams. I feel like there's a few here who always loved his dunks...on youtube.

I had to vote for Dyson. It was him or Gay. I just loved Dyson's game and his dunks. He could have been so much better. He was also affected by some injuries...too bad. He was the prefect combo of size, speed, and strength so that it looked like he was getting way up and throwing it down hard every time.
If it’s favorite dunker. Easy. Thabeet!! Timber and get out the way. How he’s not on that list is criminal. I think he has more dunks than any UConn player. He was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Ray and Ben should be 5/6. Get Kwintin off the list. First 4 seem fair
Not for nothing but kwintin May have been the best dunker in America. But nothing to qualify in game.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Kyle Bailey used to live near me in Celeron for a bit, he was a walkon and never played but that guy could really bang. No andre dyson though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom