OT: - Favorite College Town | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite College Town

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Evanston, IL. Beautiful architecture, beautiful town, right on Lake Michigan with it's own beaches, Chicago is right down the street on Lake Shore Drive which is one of the most scenic roads in all of America.

I forgot this one. You’re dead on...great, great town.

You really can’t go wrong in the B10. Madison/Evanston/Bloomington/State College are all top notch

Reaction Score
Completely off topic but if you could drop the UConn Storrs campus is any town/city in Connecticut to make a “great college town”, what community would that be?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Completely off topic but if you could drop the UConn Storrs campus is any town/city in Connecticut to make a “great college town”, what community would that be?
Middletown maybe? It’s big enough that there are things to do and places to go to but not so big that it would overwhelm the campus?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If we want to keep with the rural thing my "maybe" would be Easton. It's arguably as rural as Storrs. But a world apart in location. Use the old GE HQ for something. And being a relative stone's throw to the shoreline, and Metro North. What's not to like?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would love to hear what you guys think.

I haven't been to a ton, but my vote today goes to Missoula, MT, home of University of Montana, my wife's alma mater.

Gorgeous scenery, walkable downtown, great food/drink/music scene, nice, welcoming people. Special shoutout to: Catalyst Cafe (best breakfast), Draught Works (favorite brewery), Union Club (favorite bar), Top Hat (favorite place to see live music), Butterfly Herbs ($1 coffee and just a delightfully, weird place to buy random stuff).

Underdog vote goes to Easton, PA, home of Lafayette College. Beautiful campus on a hill that overlooks downtown and the Delaware River.

Downtown starts in the ironically-named "Center Square" (it's a circle) and its offerings branch out from its four quadrants. Blue-collar vibe mixed with a modern revitalization and the city certainly looks better in 2020 than it did in 2016, the year I first visited.

Special shoutout too: Easton Public Market (newly open and a food lover's paradise), Greenmouth Table (cozy organic food spot), Grand Eastonian Hotel and Suites (reasonably-priced, massive apartment sized hotel rooms right in downtown), Quadrant Book Mart (old bookstore/breakfast spot in an old firehouse).

Oxford

Reaction Score
Did a camping trip this weekend and checked out Gainesville with my party. Campus is great and town is nice, full of places to eat, live, and be merry. I just wanted to point out that its a pretty cool spot to be in.

Reaction Score
Ithaca is gorgeous too!
My ad professor at Cornell invented the green and white "Ithaca is Gorges" logo/ bumper sticker in the 70s. Kept the rights and has made a few bucks along the way. Howard Cogan. Wonderful college town. The IC girls loved to drink and play. The difference between trash and Cornell girls? At least trash gets taken out once a week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom