Favored by 5 Friday | The Boneyard

Favored by 5 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anyone needed proof that we are a decaying population, too dumb for democracy, there it is.

Reaction Score
I would bet the farm on UConn to cover. This line is a sucker bet. They are asking you to bet Iowa State. I made this same prediction when the hoop team played Texas 2 winters ago when Texas was number 1 in the country. We were home and the line was basically a pickem. I argued that they were asking you to pick Texas that day. UConn wins and obviously covers. There were many ,many posts explaining to me how lines are set, and that I did not know what I was talking about. I know how they set lines. I do not bet on games but if I did take UConn big.

Reaction Score
The line syas the overconfident Cyclones, fresh off their historic and euphoric victory over Iowa will fly into Rentschler, have an emotional letdown, underestimate the Huskies, and get beat like a drum..

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The line syas the overconfident Cyclones, fresh off their historic and euphoric victory over Iowa will fly into Rentschler, have an emotional letdown, underestimate the Huskies, and get beat like a drum..

Bingo. This was my first thought when I watched the last quarter and 3 OTs of that game. I actually posted something similar about hoping they would come crashing down off the emotional high and lose. After seeing UConn's offense yesterday though I'm not so sure. However, after seeing UConn's defense yesterday, I am confident we can stop a very solid ISU team.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine anyone favoring Uconn against a team that beat an AQ team from the Big 10(12) not named Indiana.

Reaction Score
Favored? UConn? How many TD's are we expecting from the defense and/or special teams? Can't count on the offense to actually put the ball in the end zone against a BCS program . . . hasn't happened since the Cincy game last season. 12 shutout quarters since that one.

Reaction Score
it's also possible that the people in Vegas that set the lines aren't a bunch of chicken little crybabies that completely break down and throw in the towel after every Husky loss

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Keep in mind:

1) we're a very very good home team.
2) we're going to be going up against a B12 defense.

It's still crazy to favor us, but not bat @!@#%$ crazy.

Reaction Score
it's also possible that the people in Vegas that set the lines aren't a bunch of chicken little crybabies that completely break down and throw in the towel after every Husky loss
+1

Reaction Score
Still gonna need the offense to score some TD's. My guess is UConn faces 8 to 9 defenders in the box and the running game starts to stifle. Then what?????

Reaction Score

+2

Reaction Score
UConn is solid at home historically and ISU is really not that good of a team. They scored a TD in the last minute to beat FCS Northern Iowa to win by 1 and Iowa is not supposed to be a factor in the Big 10 this year. This could also be considered a "trap" game for ISU. They had one of their most emotional wins in years last week versus Iowa and Texas comes into town for their next game (albeit they have a bye week in between). Factor in the traditional 3 point swing given to the home team in betting and it doesn't seem that ridiculoius that UConn would be about a FG favorite.

Reaction Score
Still gonna need the offense to score some TD's. My guess is UConn faces 8 to 9 defenders in the box and the running game starts to stifle. Then what?????

McCummings deep to Griffin. All night! ;)

Reaction Score
UConn rarely loses at home, at night.

Does someone have this stat? I know UConn has a great home record and has won a bunch of night games. IAA/OOC/BE breakdown would be cool to see.

Reaction Score
Does someone have this stat? I know UConn has a great home record and has won a bunch of night games. IAA/OOC/BE breakdown would be cool to see.

in homes games which finished under darkness (3pm or later starts), the Huskies are 16-4 overall and have won 10 in a row.

Reaction Score
Remember, We don't have a Quarterback...Its going to be one ugly game.

Reaction Score
Whaleer, I love the trooper with the eers logo, looks really cool. I may have to hijack that one in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom