Favor request of the Boneyard faithful | The Boneyard

Favor request of the Boneyard faithful

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Unlike Connecticut (which has several newspapers and beat writers covering UConn women's hoops), media coverage for the Duke women's team has been awful (on the good end) to non-existent.

Specifically, the Raleigh News & Observer coverage has been terrible for Duke women’s basketball and women’s basketball in general this season.

I am requesting that you please take the time and email the people listed below and complain about the lack of coverage for Duke and for women's basketball in general. As you know, the media will never change its coverage unless people voice their opinions. To be perfectly blunt, this has been the worst coverage for ACC women’s basketball in over a decade. It can be as short as a few words complaining about the lack of/non-existent coverage. I am merely asking that you assist Duke, UNC, NC State, and the ACC in trying to make something happen by voicing your opinions (which, hopefully, will lead to greater coverage of the sport, both on the college level and on the professional level).

Here are the email addresses of the relevant individuals:
cwright@newsobserver.com
steve.ruinsky@newsobserver.com
lkeeley@newsobserver.com

Thank you for time and your assistance.

Respectfully Submitted,

CamrnCrz1974

arch

Reaction Score
Unlike Connecticut (which has several newspapers and beat writers covering UConn women's hoops), media coverage for the Duke women's team has been awful (on the good end) to non-existent.

Specifically, the Raleigh News & Observer coverage has been terrible for Duke women’s basketball and women’s basketball in general this season.

I am requesting that you please take the time and email the people listed below and complain about the lack of coverage for Duke and for women's basketball in general. As you know, the media will never change its coverage unless people voice their opinions. To be perfectly blunt, this has been the worst coverage for ACC women’s basketball in over a decade. It can be as short as a few words complaining about the lack of/non-existent coverage. I am merely asking that you assist Duke, UNC, NC State, and the ACC in trying to make something happen by voicing your opinions (which, hopefully, will lead to greater coverage of the sport, both on the college level and on the professional level).

Here are the email addresses of the relevant individuals:
cwright@newsobserver.com
steve.ruinsky@newsobserver.com
lkeeley@newsobserver.com

Thank you for time and your assistance.

Respectfully Submitted,

CamrnCrz1974
Get us invited into the ACC and I'll have a fleet of blimps towing game coverage fly over every conference town daily. On Sunday, count on a Peanuts cartoon too.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Get us invited into the ACC and I'll have a fleet of blimps towing game coverage fly over every conference town daily. On Sunday, count on a Peanuts cartoon too.

But what type of restaurants will there be? As we all know, the type and quality of the restaurant dictates from which schools the waiters will be hired... ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Not all are waiters…a close member of my extended family has a degree in Biomedical Engendering from Duke, then went on to work 4 years at Teach for America, was made a supervisor, then returned for MBA at Harvard, now works in Consulting, and will eventually devote himself to helping others.

Go Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc