a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I have loved the first two seasons.
the damn ufo in season 2. :)

Mike Milligan is the best:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So I've read all the great reviews and the posts. I didn't love the movie - is this show better?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So I've read all the great reviews and the posts. I didn't love the movie - is this show better?

Hard to say; I loved the movie. It's very similar tonally, so I'm guessing you won't be a huge fan of the show if you didn't like the movie.

Reaction Score
Also my favorite show on TV and I'm super excited. This season is gonna be great. Ewan McGregor should be able to nail that deadpan approach that this show always has in spades.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
They're bringin' it again!

Started with an inquisition of a murder suspect in 1988 East Berlin. Then jumped to 2010.

Greast casting again.

Reaction Score
Solid first ep. Pretty straight forward to begin, so you just know it's gonna get stupid wacky with the twists and turns. I've never played bridge, looks weird.

Reaction Score
More David Thewlis!!! Season is off to a good start.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The commercials...wow. Same amount of air time as the show itself

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Not sure how I felt about this past season. I mean it was good and better than most other stuff on TV, but the first 2 seasons set the bar so high, this one felt a little meh.

Reaction Score
Not sure how I felt about this past season. I mean it was good and better than most other stuff on TV, but the first 2 seasons set the bar so high, this one felt a little meh.

yeah i'm not sure how i feel either. I'm still kinda confused what the hell was going on. The first 2 seasons were masterpieces.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Add me to the list of people who want to raise this season to 'great' status but can't. I thought the show was going great but I feel the death of Ray was just weird and the show lost traction after that. The bus accident was just dumb and Nikki's escape with the deaf convict being chased by ice-cold killaz? I dunno. Then one of those ice-cold killaz being Citizen Z...not believable. And wtf was up with the guy in the LA bar with Burgle and then in the bowling Alley bar with Nikki and Yuri? Oy!!

Then as the finale was wrapping up I look at my wife and ask what the hell was that opening scene in Germany all about? Then the final scene last night was an interrogation scene btw Burgle and Varga. I am not deep enough to parallel that scene with the Germany scene.

Plus, it would have been cool to see the new sheriff doosh get dressed down at some point.And how did Varga become Spiderman at his age (elevator escape)?

Now I see link of last night's show explained. I guess I read one or two.

Hoping show comes back.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Add me to the list of people who want to raise this season to 'great' status but can't. I thought the show was going great but I feel the death of Ray was just weird and the show lost traction after that. The bus accident was just dumb and Nikki's escape with the deaf convict being chased by ice-cold killaz? I dunno. Then one of those ice-cold killaz being Citizen Z...not believable. And wtf was up with the guy in the LA bar with Burgle and then in the bowling Alley bar with Nikki and Yuri? Oy!!

Then as the finale was wrapping up I look at my wife and ask what the hell was that opening scene in Germany all about? Then the final scene last night was an interrogation scene btw Burgle and Varga. I am not deep enough to parallel that scene with the Germany scene.

Plus, it would have been cool to see the new sheriff doosh get dressed down at some point.And how did Varga become Spiderman at his age (elevator escape)?

Now I see link of last night's show explained. I guess I read one or two.

Hoping show comes back.

I had a completely different feeling; after the awesome first episode, I thought the season lost traction. I really liked the Peter and the Wolf episode, but many of the other ones didn't resonate for me. From the scene where Yuri beat Nikki Swango to a bloody pulp until the end of the season, I thought the show was tremendous. Overall this was probably my least favorite season, but I really enjoyed it regardless.

I hate ambiguous endings, so I got pissed when I saw the credits pop up...but I get the thinking behind doing it that way, considering Varga's final speech about how ambiguous reality can be.

Reaction Score
Loved the movie.

Never saw the show but hear good things.

Same characters as the movie? The sheriff, etc.?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom