OT: - Farewell,Jimmy Cobb | The Boneyard

OT: Farewell,Jimmy Cobb

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
He had a good run. Gotta be a great feeling, being part of some of the best music ever made.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A sad day indeed. I saw Jimmy not too long ago with Joey DeFrancesco at the Jazz Standard here in NYC. He was subtle and dynamic yet always musical. Jimmy was one of those that understood the melody and treated with the understanding of a master. RIP to another irreplaceable. As Ogden Nash said:

People expect old men to die,
They do not really mourn old men.
Old men are different. People look
At them with eyes that wonder when...
People watch with unshocked eyes;
But the old men know when an old man dies.

Reaction Score
“Jimmy you know what to do. Just make it sound like it’s floating. Miles Davis to Jimmy Cobb before the Kind of Blue session. And float he did.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
BTW, on this date in 1926 Miles Davis was born. Last night I was watching a British police drama in which the star is a big Miles Davis fan. As a result his music features often in scenes. Kind of Blue was one of the tunes.

Reaction Score
BTW, on this date in 1926 Miles Davis was born. Last night I was watching a British police drama in which the star is a big Miles Davis fan. As a result his music features often in scenes. Kind of Blue was one of the tunes.

Do you mean "So What?" Kind of Blue was the name of the album, not any of the songs on it.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Do you mean "So What?" Kind of Blue was the name of the album, not any of the songs on it.
Sorry that I was unclear, but the guy tells a colleague that the CD playing in the background is"Kind of Blue". Show titled DCI Banks. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom