far flung cr scenario | Page 2 | The Boneyard

far flung cr scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LOL...Look at the Top 25 and the Ivies will be far, far from there.

We are on a sports board and I was discussing in context.....(The President's Board is down the hall next to the Surfer's Hall of Fame). The Ivies once were at the heart of college football with Princeton claiming more MNC's than almost any team today....

The Ivies are exactly like France in the terms of my analogy....Once powerful in football...now, left behind as an aging memory.

The Ivies are still nothing like France (and seriously, the France jokes are so weak), even if we are only talking about football. If the Ivies must be a country they are China through 1978: insular by choice. I don't think the Ivies will ever get back into big-time football, but you are absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think Yale/Harvard/Princeton could compete if they really wanted to.

Reaction Score
Yeah...they could compete. Sure. I think it is you who are kidding yourself.

Great recruiting area.

But you can't prove a what if...we'll never know. Who knows? It is all in the realm of possibility...like WVU surpassing MIT or UConn winning the national championship, or the ACC winning the CWS.

When UConn makes the playoffs...I might start to think there could be a glimmer of hope for Ivies in football.

Reaction Score
If you get a chance, that PBS special on Brain Injuries, and the NFL is worth watching. Touches on the topic of youth football as well. Recently someone suggested that eliminating face masks may be a way of curtailing a defenders willingness to target with his own head.
This...Take away ALL PROTECTIVE pads, helmets etc and see how many injuries there would be. They game would change dramatically.

Reaction Score
This...Take away ALL PROTECTIVE pads, helmets etc and see how many injuries there would be. They game would change dramatically.
They should consider doing some research on the reasons helmets and maskes were introduced in the first place. The pre-helmet days were all that pretty.

Reaction Score

Completely agree, I actually posted something similar but deleted it once I read your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom