Far Fetched For Paige Or Worth Thinking About? | The Boneyard

Far Fetched For Paige Or Worth Thinking About?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno would think about this. Me, I'm not enthralled with the idea. I think she could certainly hold her own, but to be in game shape would require extra work and it still might not be enough and that leads to possible injury.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, Rocky, that the potential for injury, or at the least additional wear and tear on her body is worrisome. I have no idea if she is being considered for the roster although I don't doubt that she would do well if she was to play on the team. If offered I think she'd run it by Geno and then say yes. If her knee doesn't feel 100%, that might give her pause.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
"some unexpected post season success"????? Maybe for the creator of this video. Had to stop watching after this statement.

Also, as great as Paige is, if the team is made up of mostly professionals, no need to add a college junior. She will have plenty of time to shine in the future.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day its Paige's decision. We wont know most likely till after the National Title Game during the Trophy presentation while she's being named FF MOP on the podium with holly LOL ;)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
At the end of the day its Paige's decision. We wont know most likely till after the National Title Game during the Trophy presentation while she's being named FF MOP on the podium with holly LOL ;)
Um, this tournament is in 2022, so...:):rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How fun it would be if Paige , Sue and Diana played on the same team but I agree it is not reasonable to accelerate Paige's career unnaturally with physical risks.

Question. So what guards will make the roster? Any changes from the Olympic Roster?

Reaction Score
I agree with the concern about injury. A healthy (and winning) junior season could give Paige's already substantial popularity a big boost. Good business decision to prioritize that.

OTOH I've watched this guy's videos before and they are generally quite good. As he admits in the video, he's in Australia and would love to see her come to his part of the world so he can see her play live. He also says he's still at university, so maybe his budget can't cover travel to the US.

Reaction Score
"some unexpected post season success"????? Maybe for the creator of this video. Had to stop watching after this statement.

Also, as great as Paige is, if the team is made up of mostly professionals, no need to add a college junior. She will have plenty of time to shine in the future.

Agreed. But the committee might be thinking that 1 million people tuning in to watch wouldn't hurt. And I wonder who got the broadcast rights and how do they feel about earning more$$$/min on ads?

Yeah, I'm feeling cynical this evening.

But I'm fairly certain that she would turn it down to focus on next season. When are the games and when are the NT practices?

Reaction Score
Agreed. But the committee might be thinking that 1 million people tuning in to watch wouldn't hurt. And I wonder who got the broadcast rights and how do they feel about earning more$$$/min on ads?

But I'm fairly certain that she would turn it down to focus on next season. When are the games and when are the NT practices?
well if all that matters is followers let's have Hailey Van Lith in the tournament as well, and the Cavinder twins who have a combined record of 58-59 in 2 seasons

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As a Uconn fan I think being on the WC team would detract from the Uconn team preparation for this season. USA basketball has often had a 12th player who is still in college but usually a senior. I think Parker might have been a junior for her first outing, Maya and Breanna I think were seniors. I think the next Olympics is a more likely spot for Paige

I wonder if Ionesco might be the newbie added to the WC roster if she stays healthy?

Centerstream

Reaction Score

I believe that the games are the last week of September and the 1st week of October. No idea when practices are.

Reaction Score
Geno's view? UCONN and perception of WBB and "academics"?
I cannot get excited about the idea..... think of the bad karma if
she should be injuried, however minor. This concept feels like a
good deal of " spin " to me. IMO. I'm usually wrong,... hah.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As a Uconn fan I think being on the WC team would detract from the Uconn team preparation for this season. USA basketball has often had a 12th player who is still in college but usually a senior. I think Parker might have been a junior for her first outing, Maya and Breanna I think were seniors. I think the next Olympics is a more likely spot for Paige

I wonder if Ionesco might be the newbie added to the WC roster if she stays healthy?
IMHO I think Jewell for sure. Not sure Gray makes the team again. I think Plum is having a fabulous year and she and Sabrina may be the heir apparent PG's for Team USA, and I'd not be disappointed if that ended up being the case. The committee needs to also think about the 3x3.

The way Ogunbowale plays, I think she's not a good fit for Team USA, but could be a good fit for the 3x3. It's also possible she could change her style of play for Team USA, but I think being a gunner is a detriment to making Team USA. Anyway, not sure this is Paige's time.

Of course anything that gives her competition and experience is a good thing BUT... Aaliyah took about 5 steps backwards coming back from playing for Team Canada after the Olympics last year, and I'd hate to see that for Paige (never mind the injury potential in playing against professionals)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom