OT: - FAQ: Casual Fan | The Boneyard

OT: FAQ: Casual Fan

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I’m a frequent reader and post sparingly. Over the course of time I eventually picked up some of the vernacular.
I thought it would be good to have a FAQ section to help new and old alike boneyarders understand some of the content
To that end...”casual fan”. I see this used occasionally in a condescending manner and sometimes as an admission of humility. Seems like a fan who watches and attend games, can give a good synopsis of the season but falls short on the x and o of basketball or perhaps doesn’t follow recruiting till a player commits etc
Thought we could have a little fun and get some further definitions

Reaction Score
Casual Fan = anyone who is less "in the know" than Chief00. Behavior includes high propensity to attend and possibly even enjoy fluff events like First Night. That is all.

Reaction Score
I’m a frequent reader and post sparingly. Over the course of time I eventually picked up some of the vernacular.
I thought it would be good to have a FAQ section to help new and old alike boneyarders understand some of the content
To that end...”casual fan”. I see this used occasionally in a condescending manner and sometimes as an admission of humility. Seems like a fan who watches and attend games, can give a good synopsis of the season but falls short on the x and o of basketball or perhaps doesn’t follow recruiting till a player commits etc
fMuhmGFHWs4SY.gif

Reaction Score
I like to picture ‘casual fan’ wearing a tuxedo t-shirt cause it says, like, “I wanna be formal, but I wanna party too,”

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 23

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Fan Casualness comes in various levels:
  1. Thinks a pick & roll is a pickle sandwich on a hard roll.
  2. Turns on the game. Is surprised that Ollie's not the coach any more.
  3. Watches the game. Knows that Carlton is the tall one but can't tell any of the guards apart.
  4. Checks the score after the game. If we won, he will look for the highlight vid on youtube in the morning.
  5. Checks the score after the game. If we won, he will look for the replay on youtube in the morning.
  6. Checks the score at half-time before deciding whether or not to turn off Law & Order to watch the 2nd half of the game.
  7. Has tickets for the game. Gives them to some guy in the office who drinks his coffee from a UConn mug.
  8. Guy in work gives him tickets for the game. Sees a 20% chance of snow in the forecast. Stays home. Comes to the 'yard after the game to get some details so he can sound like a serious fan when the guy asks him how the game went.
  9. Watches the game on his phone while his wife is watching a Hallmark Christmas special on the big screen.

Last edited:

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
This is awesome. Just wanted to have some fun—not at anyones expense!
I know casual fan is pretty much self explanator. Love the 20% chance of snow reference.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
  3. Watches the game. Knows that Carlton is the tall one but can't tell any of the guards apart.
  4. Checks the score after the game. If we won, he will look for the highlight vid on youtube in the morning.
  5. Checks the score after the game. If we won, he will look for the replay on youtube in the morning.
  6. Checks the score at half-time before deciding whether or not to turn off Law & Order to watch the 2nd half of the game.
  7. Has tickets for the game. Gives them to some guy in the office who drinks his coffee from a UConn mug.
  8. Guy in work gives him tickets for the game. Sees a 20% chance of snow in the forecast. Stays home. Comes to the 'yard after the game to get some details so he can sound like a serious fan when the guy asks him how the game went.
  9. Watches the game on his phone while his wife is watching a Hallmark Christmas special on the big screen.
Casual hat tip to you, @RichZ . That was pretty solid.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
#9 is pretty hardcore. Shows dedication and creativity to not miss a second of action, while avoiding divorce.

Re: @TerryBoyz OP, it is 100% condescending when coming from (a) particular poster(s) and an inside BY joke, thereby takes its place with the car wash and 11:11.

C

Chief00

Great job! You nailed it and that comes from a pretty good source on the subject matter.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Casual Fan: Someone who used to attend FB games yet no longer does.

But yeah, the "less in the know than Chief" thing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

As the Boneyard's #1 Casual Fan, I could tell you, but that wouldn't be casual.

Reaction Score
Missed number 10.) Fan who is not Chief

Reaction Score
According to Chief's definition, how many non-casuals are there?

Reaction Score
I just want to say that I think I was the first person to capitalize Casual Fan and Insider.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom