Fantasy Football | The Boneyard

Fantasy Football

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Fournette gets waived by the Jags. People think the bears are the best spot for him

Reaction Score
wow. RBs gonna be even harder to come by now

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bump up DJ Chark a notch. And I was already in love with him this year.

As for Jax RB's, the easy grab would be Armstead. I'm intrigued by Chris Thompson though. If he can stay on the field (big if), he's looked good in camp and can help them. They'll play from behind most of the year, throw in the 2nd halves and he can catch a ton of checkdowns.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Bump up DJ Chark a notch. And I was already in love with him this year.

As for Jax RB's, the easy grab would be Armstead. I'm intrigued by Chris Thompson though. If he can stay on the field (big if), he's looked good in camp and can help them. They'll play from behind most of the year, throw in the 2nd halves and he can catch a ton of checkdowns.
Grabbed Thompson instead of Armstead the other day bc I read the depth chart wrong lol

Reaction Score
Even better if it's PPR.
Yep. PPR is key. Jay Gruden is the new Jax OC who coached him in Wash and he will use him extensively as a 3rd down satellite back. Jags D should be dreadful so expect a lot of throwing from behind and garbage points on dump offs late in games. The issue always with Thompson is how long he lasts, not production. Not the biggest dude he's been a walking injury his entire career. Ride him as a ppr flex in most matchups while you can early in the season. Just don't overpay because chances are you will not have him when you need him most during FF playoffs weeks 14-16.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
My draft was yesterday and I picked up Fournette as my RB2. You can bet I clutched my chest when I saw the news this morning. I put in a waiver claim for Armstead, but I really need LF to land in a favorable situation. David Montgomery is my RB3 and he may be on the shelf to start the year.

Fantasy football pain hitting earlier than usual this season. Looks like I’ll be busy on the scrap heap this year.

Reaction Score
Are any of your leagues allowing extra IR spots for COVID cases?

Reaction Score
Yes. Two of mine already had them. The other is adding 2 Covid only specific IR spots. It's already a league with 20 roster spots so the IR spots can only be used for Covid, not injuries. Better to have them and not need them rather than need them and not have them. I would also have a plan in the rare case the season can't finish. Does everyone get their money back? Is there a cutoff that's a large enough sample size(like 10 weeks) where you can declare a winner based on record with total points as a tiebreaker? Needs to be agreed on by leagues before season starts.

We all agreed if the season is not finished, the money rolls over to next year.

Reaction Score
My draft was yesterday and I picked up Fournette as my RB2. You can bet I clutched my chest when I saw the news this morning. I put in a waiver claim for Armstead, but I really need LF to land in a favorable situation. David Montgomery is my RB3 and he may be on the shelf to start the year.

Fantasy football pain hitting earlier than usual this season. Looks like I’ll be busy on the scrap heap this year.
You better hope the Bears don't sign Fournette due to the Montgomery injury. That's the nightmare scenario for you. Would devalue both your RB2 and RB3 as they would share 1st and 2nd down reps and Cohen would syphon most 3rd down PPR goodness.

Reaction Score
We all agreed if the season is not finished, the money rolls over to next year.
Same here. In one everyone gets cash back which is basically the same if you have the same guys every year which I do.

Reaction Score
Are any of your leagues allowing extra IR spots for COVID cases?
My dynasty league is doing unlimited IR spots but I realize that’s a different animal than a standard redraft league.

Reaction Score
I'll definitely join one, or even run one - but I only use Yahoo. I think ESPN fantasy stinks. I'm Yahoo for everything fantasy related.
CBS Sports is by far the best site and they know it because it's kind of pricey and not free unlike the others. It's worth it if you have a serious league and everyone kicks in a little.

Reaction Score
You better hope the Bears don't sign Fournette due to the Montgomery injury. That's the nightmare scenario for you. Would devalue both your RB2 and RB3 as they would share 1st and 2nd down reps and Cohen would syphon most 3rd down PPR goodness.
I’m trying to rid Montgomery in one league I own him. Hopefully someone will bite before Fournette signs there

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to do a BY league I'll throw one together
I ran this in the past and strongly encourage a buy-in, half the league went missing after Week 5 in 2016. It was me, @Rocktheworld, @imno1, and a few others I believe at the end out of 12 teams.

But if it’s on ESPN I’m in too.

Reaction Score
I ran this in the past and strongly encourage a buy-in, half the league went missing after Week 5 in 2016. It was me, @Rocktheworld, @imno1, and a few others I believe at the end out of 12 teams.

But if it’s on ESPN I’m in too.
Sorry but I have certainly not participated in any FF type stuff here

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I draft Saturday and I have no idea who to draft. At RB I think rookies can be a good play.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
LF is not a west coast offense RB so I don't see the Bears taking him. They had a decent between the tackles back in Jordan Howard and Nagy couldn't wait to get rid of him. The Bears are very thin at back but I see a combo of Cohen, Cordarrell Patterson and this kid they just picked up from FIU.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I draft Saturday and I have no idea who to draft. At RB I think rookies can be a good play.
Not many rookie RBs pan out for fantasy wise - keep that in mind.

Reaction Score
One thing to consider on rookie RBs. They won’t play until they can pick up pass protection and not get their franchise QB killed. No preseason games give the coaches no real film on what they can do there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom