Fantastic defensive performance - the streak runs to 11 | The Boneyard

Fantastic defensive performance - the streak runs to 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They held UCF to 23.5% shooting. Really, you can't do much better than that against a Div I team

Reaction Score
Would it be a stupid question to ask if our excellent defense mysteriously aids to our poor offense stretches? In other words is there a correlation (sometimes) in our opponents shooting bad due to our defense, and we somehow/someway match them for stretches at a time?

I ask because I haven't seen our excellent defense matched with extended periods of excellent offense. If that ever happens then yes we will go far in the Tourney.

Reaction Score
The D has really stepped up the past few weeks. It's our office that needs a ton of work. As for the next game being important, they all are at this point. With little hope of our RPI getting a bump other than beating SMU 2 times, we have to win out and maybe at this point need to win the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
Would it be a stupid question to ask if our excellent defense mysteriously aids to our poor offense stretches? In other words is there a correlation (sometimes) in our opponents shooting bad due to our defense, and we somehow/someway match them for stretches at a time?

I ask because I haven't seen our excellent defense matched with extended periods of excellent offense. If that ever happens then yes we will go far in the Tourney.

Or, are we bad in the second halves because we exert so much energy during the game play defense? Or does the other team make half time adjustments and we don't

Reaction Score
Or, are we bad in the second halves because we exert so much energy during the game play defense? Or does the other team make half time adjustments and we don't
Didn't think of that. Could that be the reason for 'excessive' subbing by Coach?

Hmmmm so many questions, but all good.

Reaction Score
I think the team has made a commitment to go balls out on D and pray that they manufacture enough points off it. The more I think about it it may be why we spend so much time standing around on O. Resting for D?

Reaction Score
Love the D this year. I still think the defense was best in the Cincy game. Too bad our offense was just painful to watch in that game.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I love how quiet the board is after a win vs the meltdown after a loss. Defense was great gotta keep it up Thursday at Memphis.

Reaction Score
A lot of the 1st half offense was generated off the defense.

Purvis and Hamilton in particular were making steals and were just real problems. Rodney might have stolen in that stretch.

If the other team settles down and doesn't turnover the ball, then suddenly, all the offense you generated off D disappears. in fact, Uconn got out of their second half funk and went on a 7-0 or 9-0 run that blew open the game again because of the steals on D.

Reaction Score
The D has really stepped up the past few weeks. It's our office that needs a ton of work. As for the next game being important, they all are at this point. With little hope of our RPI getting a bump other than beating SMU 2 times, we have to win out and maybe at this point need to win the AAC tourney.
This is wrong on so many levels

Reaction Score
This is wrong on so many levels
Jerry, he really isn't that far off. Maybe not having to beat SMU twice but we can't afford to lose more than twice and think we have a great chance to make the tourney. We are in muddle of similar teams like us in the AAC. I only see the automatic qualifier making it out of conference unless someone separates themselves from the pack.

Reaction Score
Split with SMU and get a win or two in AACT. The unfortunate thing is that we can't really afford to lose to Cincy, Temple or Tulsa 2x especially it comes down to us and them on the bubble. Additionally if we lose to anyone else we have left our RPI takes a wallop. This is a 3 bid league with SMU in the mix without them it's probably two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom