Fanta picks Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fanta picks Providence

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree, except...Maryland and NM State. That said, Andre and Adama played through those, so I think they will make sure the same mistakes don't happen again.
We were favored in those too. We’ve been playing well on this winning streak but until we win this BET and make the S16, we shouldn’t feel comfortable regardless of who we play

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know. It was obviously a joke.

Since all the best jokes require explanation; the implication was that since no one cares about pc basketball, no one would even think to host a podcast about it.
It would be like if I had a podcast listing all the things i have in my garage. No one cares.

I hope that clears it up.
Mine was a joke as well, intending to play with the word "providence," and exploiting its placement at the beginning of a sentence, so that it was required to be capitalized even though it wasn't a proper noun.

Fwiw, in my experience, most jokes get killed by explanation, even when the joke and explanation are pretty good. In this case, it matters little, because we're rooting for the same outcome.

What I'm looking for on Thursday is for Providence to come out strong and be met by UConn being stronger.

I also recommend @gwhuskyfan 's podcast interviewing Alex Karaban for anyone who hasn't yet given it a watch or listen.

Reaction Score
The non-Allen guys shot 4/20 (20%) from 3 next game against Arkansas, despite being even more wide open because Arkansas was doubling Allen. Same ball. Same arena. Crap happens.
You try to get a higher seed than a 5 because 12 seeds are actually pretty good and variance happens. The further apart you are in terms of talent, the easier it is to weather that variance when it is going against you. Hence it took years and years for UMBC to happen, despite some close calls (like our 2006 team).

Reaction Score
We were favored in those too. We’ve been playing well on this winning streak but until we win this BET and make the S16, we shouldn’t feel comfortable regardless of who we play
That team that lost to Maryland was playing with a Cole who didn't seem right after that Creighton injury. They were favored, but it was a 7-10, so not really an upset. Still should have showed out a bit better than they did though.

Reaction Score
We are a bigger fan base so a choice like this gets him more content and follows. Classic media guy move

Reaction Score
Fanta knows nothing about basketball. He’s a WWE character

Reaction Score
We have enough. After the Gampel game Cooley pretty much guaranteed they'd beat us if we met again in BET.

If Hurley doesn't already have that on the bulletin board it would be motivational coaching malpractice
OH its been made very clear to the boys. UConn privately wanted this matchup.

We could lose to Providence, but anyone who wanted Creighton over them is crazy. The book is out on Providence, and they have done very little on the road.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I just need to make sure there's no revisionist history. NMSU shot 7/10 from 3 from their role players in that game. It was everybody on their team from 3. They made 65% from 3. Teddy made most of the shots down the stretch though. And one of those role players just won 6th man of the year in the toughest conference this year (Sir Jabari Rice on Texas in B12).
They also shot 100% from the line. That game is the epitome of this board’s stupidity. Basically every team in the field would have lost to them the way they played, and most teams would have lost by more than 7. If that had happened to any other team, everyone here would have talked about how amazing NMST played, but it happened to us, so Hurley‘s terrible.

Reaction Score
We have enough. After the Gampel game Cooley pretty much guaranteed they'd beat us if we met again in BET.

If Hurley doesn't already have that on the bulletin board it would be motivational coaching malpractice
Well then just fire DH.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Never heard of a Fanta..
3597EE75-B07D-4A56-8EF3-0CED24023D71.jpeg

Reaction Score
pc is a pit bull in a corner and hopkins is a nba (probably g-league ) talent. i think it’s a really tight game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom