Fans of other teams are ignorant - serious misconceptions about UConn APR/academics | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fans of other teams are ignorant - serious misconceptions about UConn APR/academics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really is amazing to me as well. I've tried defending our team as well. Immediately after the title game people were posting that we were about to be banned again due to APR. Most people don't even realize our APR ban was from players from 09 season.

Reaction Score
It really is amazing to me as well. I've tried defending our team as well. Immediately after the title game people were posting that we were about to be banned again due to APR. Most people don't even realize our APR ban was from players from 09 season.

My favorite is my wife's uncle who equates it with grad rate and goes on and on about how poor of a school UConn must be...mind you he went to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
What my law partner said about trial is also true about perception in general: Most people want People magazine, not the New York Times. If it can be explained with a picture and a caption, they get it; if you have to spend more than a few sentences explaining it, you lose them.

Then there are Cuse fans--they are the ones who want the Weekly World News.

+1000 for weekly world news reference!!

tab3.jpg

Reaction Score
You should chuck basketballs at his head and call him a f---t to remind him what RU hoops is about. Then remind him about their alum hired as BBall coach but oh, he didn't really graduate so is he an alum?

Reaction Score
I was gonna respond again to that last Kentucky fan, but I think it might be better for my health to just not.

I decided long ago that it's best to stay off of other fanboards, just becuase my blood pressure was going through the roof (this with the BC nimrods). One day I decided to just walk away - I also go banned, so that might have had something to do with it too.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hell, half of the people here don't completely understand it, so why should people from insitutions it's never impacted? You can't successfully explain it to someone, because the very concept challenges anyone's perception of what's right and sensible, so they start assuming you're full of crap, and trying to make it sound crazy.

Reaction Score
Are we certain UNC is not going to be investigated and punished? This may not go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom