Fans for Saturday at Gampel (Poll)? | The Boneyard

Fans for Saturday at Gampel (Poll)?

Will a limited amount of non-family/friend-group fans will be allowed into Gampel Saturday?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
CT is addressing current guidelines for restaurants, etc. this week...do you think they will allow a limited amount of non-family/friend-group fans into Gampel for this Saturday's final home game (Senior Day)?

I know my answer but let's see what the eternal optimists and pessimists of the BY opine...

Reaction Score
CT is addressing current guidelines for restaurants, etc. this week...do you think they will allow a limited amount of non-family/friend-group fans into Gampel for this Saturday's final home game (Senior Day)?

I know my answer but let's see what the eternal optimists and pessimists of the BY opine...
Hope so, would love to have a nice send off for the seniors and Bouk. I wrote to the governors office this morning to give it consideration, but probably on the bottom of the list. Let’s see what happens.

Reaction Score
At this point? Probably not.

Off topic a bit. I don't recall seeing any posts about senior night. Is there no senior night? We have seniors. Do they not get any thank you at all?

Reaction Score
Too short of a turnaround imo. If it was a week later I would say it would have good odds

Reaction Score
Should be families of players and students. Put a couple thousand students in there socially distanced and masked. Send the seniors and other non-returning players out on a high note.

Reaction Score
*bump

Pessimists outnumbering optimists ~6:1.

never woulda predicted this on the boneyard!

Reaction Score
*bump

Pessimists outnumbering optimists ~6:1.

never woulda predicted this on the boneyard!

The question was "will they?". This is CT, so the answer is "no".

If he asked "should they?", it would probably be 2:1 in favor.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority, but with vaccine for everyone on the horizon, and given the fact that another COVID stop for us would crush our season, I'm in the no-thanks camp.

Reaction Score
Should be families of players and students. Put a couple thousand students in there socially distanced and masked. Send the seniors and other non-returning players out on a high note.
Why not allow seniors and others with shots in, flash your card and sell a limited number of tickets.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1,200 people, with masks, properly distanced is nearly zero risk. It should be done. It won't be.

I dont think the logistics can be put in place this quickly to allow it, If we were where we are at, as it stands today, in regards to vax rate and dropping positive tests 4-5 weeks ago Im sure they would've had people for the last few games of the season. At this late point with a single game remaining only days away it makes it easy to say "screw it" . They could do it, but I get why they don't at this juncture.

Reaction Score
I dont think the logistics can be put in place this quickly to allow it, If we were where we are at, as it stands today, in regards to vax rate and dropping positive tests 4-5 weeks ago Im sure they would've had people for the last few games of the season. At this late point with a single game remaining only days away it makes it easy to say "screw it" . They could do it, but I get why they don't at this juncture.

I understand that it will be a challenge logistically, and that may be enough to justify not trying. It is not a significant challenge in terms of mitigating risk to the people in the building.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I would cut off my left (pick one) to go to the game on Saturday with my family.

Reaction Score
I get the logistics may be an issue for the public. But tell the students first come first served. Count stops at 10-20% of capacity. Simple.

Reaction Score
I am not convinced the powers at be will even allow football in the fall, the idea that they allow fans to an indoor game probably makes their heads explode.

Reaction Score
If they had more time to set up the infrastructure to verify entrants, allowing ~1,000 people with proof of completed vaccination >14 days ago would carry virtually zero risk. At this point though, it's probably too late.

Reaction Score

? hmmmm

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34