Family | The Boneyard

Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie preaches family, could the post game interview be anymore obvious that this team has completely bought into him and being a Family?

All them standing behind thier coach shows the love and respect they have for him and each other.

I honestly couldn't be prouder of the team tonight and wow Kevin Ollie is going to be a star in this business.

Reaction Score
KO is also a recruiting genius... He had the whole team gather behind him during the interview, the other time he did that was after the big win against Mich St, two games in which there was a huge national audience. Recruits across the country, and their families probably don't watch too many uconn games but there is a greater liklihood they'll watch games like this, and when they see the team unity, after a big win, they , especially their parents, are going to find uconn attractive b/c of how the coach really treats the team like family.

Also during the interview KO was asked what these guys were playing for b/c of the ban, and he made sure to sell the university again, stating they play for this great university, in front of 17,000 screaming fans. The guy is just an amazing coach in so many ways. His high character, his great game planning, the way he gets his team to play and step up in the big moments, and his recruiting will pick up big time with his extension and with each win. We are extremely lucky to replace a hall of famer with a coach like KO

And what do you have to say now freescooter (thats the dick who hates on KO right?)

Reaction Score
KO is also a recruiting genius... He had the whole team gather behind him during the interview, the other time he did that was after the big win against Mich St, two games in which there was a huge national audience. Recruits across the country, and their families probably don't watch too many uconn games but there is a greater liklihood they'll watch games like this, and when they see the team unity, after a big win, they , especially their parents, are going to find uconn attractive b/c of how the coach really treats the team like family.

Also during the interview KO was asked what these guys were playing for b/c of the ban, and he made sure to sell the university again, stating they play for this great university, in front of 17,000 screaming fans. The guy is just an amazing coach in so many ways. His high character, his great game planning, the way he gets his team to play and step up in the big moments, and his recruiting will pick up big time with his extension and with each win. We are extremely lucky to replace a hall of famer with a coach like KO

And what do you have to say now freescooter (thats the dick who hates on KO right?)

Ya know that could be either genius on his part or genuine on the players part. I think they may have gone over there to be with their coach and not asked. You could be right but whatever it is, it's real!!

Reaction Score
Ya know that could be either genius on his part or genuine on the players part. I think they may have gone over there to be with their coach and not asked. You could be right but whatever it is, it's real!!

Thats the thing. KO obviously is genuine and real but he is also a very savvy and aware coach at the same time, which makes him that more of an amazing coach.... I am really excited about the future of the program with KO in charge!

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Ollie preaches family, could the post game interview be anymore obvious that this team has completely bought into him and being a Family?

All them standing behind thier coach shows the love and respect they have for him and each other.

I honestly couldn't be prouder of the team tonight and wow Kevin Ollie is going to be a star in this business.

And on the Cuse board by a Cuse poster: BOEHEIM SCHOOLED BY A ROOKIE COACH.
Now ain't that sweet.
And KO mentioned as possible BE Coach of the Year. What perfect payback that would be!!!

caw

Reaction Score
I thought the line he must have told Musberger about playing the game for "the purest reasons" was fantastic.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If one if you posts
Forget
About
Me
I
Love
You

I will punch you.

SJ

Reaction Score
It looks completely spontaneous and genuine. On UConn B.Ball site, there are some immediate post-game vids uploaded, and you can say them finish their "good game" line and book it over there! A different angle than the one shown on the tube.

Reaction Score
It looks completely spontaneous and genuine. On UConn B.Ball site, there are some immediate post-game vids uploaded, and you can say them finish their "good game" line and book it over there! A different angle than the one shown on the tube.

where is this, uconnhuskies.com?

SJ

Reaction Score
where is this, uconnhuskies.com?
Of course, now that I look at it again, there is someone pointing Boat in that direction...STILL AWESOME. On a side note, I could show 20 times, maybe 50 times, more spirit than those "dancer/cheerleaders." Jump or something, damn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Completely spontaneous act by the players because they appear after the interview started. What was great was how they stood behind him without clowning but everyone with smiling faces. Total respect for their coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom