Family | The Boneyard

Family

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In 1979 the Pittsburgh Pirates made an incredible run and won the World Series. They came back from a 3-1 deficit, and won the seventh and deciding game in dramatic fashion. As in a different thread, it was a Hollywood ending. The song they chose to be their theme that year was "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. I feel the UConn ladies have those same emotions. "We are family, I got all my sisters in me."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
In 1979 the Pittsburgh Pirates made an incredible run and won the World Series. They came back from a 3-1 deficit, and won the seventh and deciding game in dramatic fashion. As in a different thread, it was a Hollywood ending. The song they chose to be their theme that year was "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge. I feel the UConn ladies have those same emotions. "We are family, I got all my sisters in me."

I have only attended 1 WS game in my life and it was in Baltimore (in Memorial Stadium) in 1979. I have never been a fan of the O's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's crazy to me how much I care about 12 kids that I've never met, nor will I ever know.

What a rollercoaster of a season this has been.

GO UCONN!!
Ditto. And this season ends tonight......for better or worse. Hopefully, UConn will shock SC and WCBB and make believers of EVERYONE, especially THE HATERS here in the yard. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score

This is a TEAM photo (on the floor of the final four) that very few teams get to take. What a unique opportunity and experience for our girls. The bottom line, the returning players will know EXACTLY what it takes to get there. Geno/his coaches won't have to tell them. There's no substitute for experience. A lot of very good teams were eliminated in the first 4 rounds of play including a 1 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a TEAM photo (on the floor of the final four) that very few teams get to take. What a unique opportunity and experience for our girls. The bottom line, the returning players will know EXACTLY what it takes to get there. Geno/his coaches won't have to tell them. There's no substitute for experience. A lot of very good teams were eliminated in the first 4 rounds of play including a 1 seed.
Two 1-seeds --
(a) NCST -- Elite 8 game
(b) Stanford Cardinals -- Semifinal game

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that this the most tight nit group of young ladies that Geno has ever had at UConn. They have gone through heck and back for each other and lived by the code of next one up after someone has fallen.

No other team would have done what they have done, if their best player was on the bench for 12 weeks. That they had started 12 different line-ups, with eight players on the team missing two or more games during this season of play. They also played almost half of the Big East Conference schedule playing only 6 or 7 players and lost only one conference game.

They have been on a roll since that loss and hopefully have one more win in them, but even if they don't bring home #12, these young ladies are already Champions in my mind.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Two 1-seeds --
(a) NCST -- Elite 8 game
(b) Stanford Cardinals -- Semifinal game
I commented: "A lot of very good teams were eliminated in the first 4 rounds of play including a 1 seed."
Stanford was not eliminated until the 5th round. :) Three #1 seeds and one #2 seed made the final four AFTER the first four rounds of play. NCST was eliminated in the first 4 rounds but not Stanford.

Reaction Score
I commented: "A lot of very good teams were eliminated in the first 4 rounds of play including a 1 seed."
Stanford was not eliminated until the 5th round. :) Three #1 seeds and one #2 seed made the final four AFTER the first four rounds of play. NCST was eliminated in the first 4 rounds but not Stanford.
HaHa! This is what I get for reading and typing while getting ready for work. Don't know why I do it 'cause I'm not good at multi-tasking.

Reaction Score

As an Orioles fan, I remember that series. It was a great story een if I didn't care for the ending. Same is true of this UConn team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
HaHa! This is what I get for reading and typing while getting ready for work. Don't know why I do it 'cause I'm not good at multi-tasking.
No problem, we’re good. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom