Familiar name and numbers | The Boneyard

Familiar name and numbers

Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon is 20th in the nation in three point field goal attempts, playing for Texas Tech. Unfortunately, of her 111 attempts only 30 have gone in, which is 27%.

Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon is 20th in the nation in three point field goal attempts, playing for Texas Tech. Unfortunately, of her 111 attempts only 30 have gone in, which is 27%.

Not to pile on, but it does put Paige's numbers in perspective. She has made only 2 less baskets, on about 60 less shots.

Reaction Score
Paige is shooting at 58%. I like efficiency.

I'm glad that Lexi is getting some playing time.

Efficient? That is the same as shooting 87% from 2. I hear the Swiss are looking to sign her up as their symbol of accuracy!
And that is why I like Bueckers continuing to use her own judgement as to where and when she shoots. It's obvious that she is a prodigy and you don't screw around with genius. Leave it alone. She found about 20 good shots against SJ but may only see a dozen at Marquette. If she makes 9 of them she will be the leading scorer. In high school she often shot 9-10 or thereabouts, with 10 assists.

The person who Bueckers says is in a class above herself as a shooter arrives next year. With a volume shooter like that next to her Bueckers can take her shots as they occur and maybe set a shooting % record. What I do believe is that all Bueckers really cares about is winning.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Efficient? That is the same as shooting 87% from 2. I hear the Swiss are looking to sign her up as their symbol of accuracy!
And that is why I like Bueckers continuing to use her own judgement as to where and when she shoots. It's obvious that she is a prodigy and you don't screw around with genius. Leave it alone. She found about 20 good shots against SJ but may only see a dozen at Marquette. If she makes 9 of them she will be the leading scorer. In high school she often shot 9-10 or thereabouts, with 10 assists.

The person who Bueckers says is in a class above herself as a shooter arrives next year. With a volume shooter like that next to her Bueckers can take her shots as they occur and maybe set a shooting % record. What I do believe is that all Bueckers really cares about is winning.
I wouldn't call Azzi a true volume shooter, but she should be taking 15-20 shots per game. Yes, Azzi is a little better shooter, but Paige is stellar. The best thing is that they will complement each other. Paige knows Azzi's game and will get her the ball in her favorite spots. That will help Paige's assist totals and Azzi's shooting percentage.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not to pile on, but it does put Paige's numbers in perspective. She has made only 2 less baskets, on about 60 less shots.
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Reaction Score

Really like

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom