Fairfield up 9 vs Texas A&M with 5 to go | The Boneyard

Fairfield up 9 vs Texas A&M with 5 to go

Reaction Score
Landon Taliaferro with a school record 10 made threes (and only 14 attempts)!

After consecutive misses when trying to kill the clock and A&M making some nice shots, Jay Young handled the end of the game well and Taj Benning hit clutch FTs.

Nice win for Fairfield and great to see the rookie coach get a win against a rebuilding high major team and a very good college coach Buzz Williams. While it's only their 2nd win of the season, they lost to Bucknell and UMass by 2, USC by 7 and were down by 2 late in the 2nd half against Davidson. According to KenPom, Fairfield has currently played the 110th most difficult schedule in D1, which is pretty impressive for a MAAC school

Team should be able to build some momentum to next year too. Their only seniors are Taliaferro and Maine transfer, forward Vincent Eze. These two will be replaced with transfers forward Tshiefu Ngalakulondi, who started for St. Bonaventure, and former Holy Cross starting PG Caleb Green.

They'll have big PG Taj Benning and wing Jesus Cruz as their senior leaders and I was impressed with the athleticism of freshman Chris Maidoh, who needs to bulk up his 6'10 180 frame.

As a Norwalk resident, I plan on seeing a few games of theirs against some of the better MAAC teams like Iona, Siena and Rider.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
November/December is becoming like March in a way that upsets are not uncommon, and almost expected in a way. I mean just look at today with Fairfield, SFA at Duke, and our loss vs St Joe’s. I think the talent gap in college basketball is not as large as some people believe. I think experience and coaching is half the battle.

Reaction Score
November/December is becoming like March in a way that upsets are not uncommon, and almost expected in a way. I mean just look at today with Fairfield, SFA at Duke, and our loss vs St Joe’s. I think the talent gap in college basketball is not as large as some people believe. I think experience and coaching is half the battle.
Geography matters in the tourney. What a fight for positioning in the Midwest Regional based on outcomes so far.

Seton Hall has so much to lose if they falter in BE play.

Gonzaga with a GIFT in the West assuming they stay home.

These teams have a lot to play for.

UConn? Who knows!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom