Fair and Balanced JC Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fair and Balanced JC Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the comments section of a recent Jacobs article, McEnroe stated that Calhoun never accepted any responsibility for the NCAA sanctions from the Miles recruitment and let his assistant coaches and Hathaway take all the blame. He went on to compare any defense/explanation for Calhoun to be on par with the Paterno/Sandusky situation.

A person writing about Jim Calhoun and UConn basketball from that frame of reference cannot produce a fair or balanced article.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
McEnroe also writes about fan idolatry and infantilism.........surely that's the part some here found offensive....,when your wives quoted it at breakfast, and then read it back to her Mother in a loud voice on the phone during the SU game, and then pasted a printed copy above your mojo chair and above the cases of collector's items 2011 Rolling Rock empties in the garage, and under your UConn lawn chair?

Reaction Score
My issue is not with the accuracy of what's in the column. There's more than enough evidence to support the conclusion made about Miles and Nochimson. My issue is framing it as fair and balanced. It isn't a measured analysis, it's a complaint list.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How about the simple fact that they did not steal laptops.... They tried to help sell stolen laptops. Two very different things.

Reaction Score
I must admit I pretty much agree with the whole thing . It ends, " I glimpse an Irish poet. I pass him in the aisle at every Bushnell musical. Imagine! He should coach for one more season and go out as that other guy. Write down those five words and live them. Responsibility, self-regulation, patience, integrity, consideration. Base your final season on them. Then retire as the legend you deserve to be."
What the h3ll was fair and balanced about that? There is no way Coach bows out with all the APR stuff going on. He'll be back.

Reaction Score
JC arent the initials for . JC isnt perfect,has made mistakes and has some questionable methods but what coach doesnt? what person doesnt? the guy has done far more good for the people that he has known than many of us ever will including the people that are his biggest ditractors. he is not perfect but it doesnt mean he is a bad man. he is a great man and a winner not just on the court but in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom