Facey's first 20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey's first 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
if i remember correctly, he has only made one three in a game? i remember it being a real highlight from the boatright/hamilton year. i would love seeing facey step up and make a couple of open three's this year.

He made 2 of 3 threes in his freshman year, and 1 of 1 in his sophmore year.
As a soph, KO wanted him to concentrate on rebounding. He played over 21 minutes a game and average 5.2 boards and 4.4 points. I really expected to see what we are seeing now, last season. I suspect that the death off his father during the summer prior to the 15/16 season had a very deep emotional effect on the young man that showed up on the court. He seems to have renewed enthusiasm and determination this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Facey scored in a bunch of ways today. Floaters, foul line jumpers (off the bounce, no less), fadeaways, dunks, lay-ins through traffic with right and left hands. He needs to be planted at the foul line vs. zones because he is far and away our best option. Its a bummer that it has taken so long to see this from KF as he has flashed some of these moves since his Soph. year. I don't love the way he has been coached and developed.
Until now he hasn't been a focus of our offense but now that we are down to 8 players here he is. He's getting comfortable taking shots so I hope he keeps shooting because he has touch and no one told Rodney or DHam to stop when they went 1-10.

Reaction Score
He made 2 of 3 threes in his freshman year, and 1 of 1 in his sophmore year.
As a soph, KO wanted him to concentrate on rebounding. He played over 21 minutes a game and average 5.2 boards and 4.4 points. I really expected to see what we are seeing now, last season. I suspect that the death off his father during the summer prior to the 15/16 season had a very deep emotional effect on the young man that showed up on the court. He seems to have renewed enthusiasm and determination this year.

Plus Shonn Miller.

You can't discount that Miller not only played the PF position minutes but also took up that space in the offense. Facey never found his was to collaborate last year; I think his offense looked improved. It still comes down to confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom