Facey's first 20 | The Boneyard

Facey's first 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of those feats that we all know isn't that important, but still feels pretty big.

Really happy for KF. He's playing confidently and is a huge weapon vs the zone. He looks way more fluid with his dribbling and passing too, which is probably all due to confidence.

Congrats to Facey!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And he miseed 3 bunnies
Wished he had another rebound for the double double
I'm happy for him and UConn needs him to play at this level EVERY game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Always a confidence thing with Facey. When he's playing confidently, he's more active, and good things happen. If he is uninvolved early, gets in foul trouble, or misses some shots, he disappears against good competition.

Here's to hoping Facey keeps his confidence-level high and remains productive.

Reaction Score
Had NF missed one of those FTs in the waning seconds, I'm sure KF would have grabbed #10 - and the double DD. He was really looking hard for a rebound.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He came very close to #10 but couldn't quite hold on to it. Nevertheless, he's had his 2nd best career games in the past 3. I can't complain about that.

Two best career games is what I meant to say.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Also, he not getting pulled for mistakes, because we don't have better options.
Wouldn't HoF HCJC go nuts with a limited roster!!! - Coach Hook
This situation will do wonders for KF, CV and the other young'uns

Reaction Score
didn't watch the game because i don't get SNY and the giants were playing a big one. i was happy to see 20 for facey, but the best-looking statistic for me was 2/2 from three for vital. way to go, christian!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Who swapped out our bigs? I swear it was the first time I saw Brimah, Facey and Enoch all play with confidence at the same time. Not only did they hang on to the ball but they went up strong and finished. It gave the team a completely different look and helped create opening to drive and shoot from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I will have to take some of my own medicine on Facey, I was ready to reduce his role a couple weeks ago but he has roared back to prove me wrong regarding the viability of the two big lineups. Said this in the chat - he needs to be a focal point offensively, more so than he already is. Other than Jalen, I don't know who else I want shooting.

Reaction Score
I will have to take some of my own medicine on Facey, I was ready to reduce his role a couple weeks ago but he has roared back to prove me wrong regarding the viability of the two big lineups. Said this in the chat - he needs to be a focal point offensively, more so than he already is. Other than Jalen, I don't know who else I want shooting.
You are in good company. I was ready to see both he and Brimah gone. I wanted Enoch to get minutes so he'd be ready for next year. Suddenly I feel like i may miss both facey and brimah next year.

Reaction Score
Facey scored in a bunch of ways today. Floaters, foul line jumpers (off the bounce, no less), fadeaways, dunks, lay-ins through traffic with right and left hands. He needs to be planted at the foul line vs. zones because he is far and away our best option. Its a bummer that it has taken so long to see this from KF as he has flashed some of these moves since his Soph. year. I don't love the way he has been coached and developed.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Vital, Enoch and Kentan are all growing. Great to see.
Jackson as well. He didn't shoot great today, but his defense was better and he had two very nice little passes. Kid sees the floor better than most seem to realize.

Reaction Score
Jackson as well. He didn't shoot great today, but his defense was better and he had two very nice little passes. Kid sees the floor better than most seem to realize.

He's a lot more comfortable putting the ball on the floor than I anticipated.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Didnt see the coolest thing about faceys game mentioned yet.

There was a hi lo set with facey at the elbow he turned with purpose, the defender moved up and facey countered with a beautiful lob to brimah. I did a double take. I can't remember a big to big lob.

Facey is playing much better with ball too. Strong and decisive .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Confidence and important minutes are so crucial.

This thread is about Facey. But you'll see Durham & Enoch & Jackson & Vital all grow this year because they'll play. And Ollie will infuse them with plays & things worked on that we will see them all grow.

Reaction Score
Facey's game and recent play kind of reminds me of Deandre Daniels breakout sophomore year

Reaction Score
The video of Facey drilling like 30 3's from all over the court that bounced around a year or two ago told me a lot. His form was perfect and he looked very coordinated. I've helped lots of kids learn to shoot and you won't see too many guys hit that number of shots in a row without being a VERY good shooter. It was far more than a lucky streak. There is a lot of potential for Facey to grow as an offensive player.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

I kind of would like Vital to keep on shooting and find his stroke again. He was pretty good yesterday after a brief stretch of abysmal shooting in the two prior games.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I kind of would like Vital to keep on shooting and find his stroke again. He was pretty good yesterday after a brief stretch of abysmal shooting in the two prior games.

Like Rodney, I would prefer to see Christian looking to take the ball to the basket more when he catches outside the 3 point line. But he needs to shoot the ball when he gets good looks on this team. He's streaky and I think he needs to either shoot at a good percentage or dial it back because if he makes one, he's ready to start jacking them up rather than looking for better opportunities. He has been better than I expected by a good margin, so I'm mostly happy with what he has brought to the team. His steals were big lifts in the last game. Hope to see more assists over time as well.

Reaction Score
The video of Facey drilling like 30 3's from all over the court that bounced around a year or two ago told me a lot. His form was perfect and he looked very coordinated. I've helped lots of kids learn to shoot and you won't see too many guys hit that number of shots in a row without being a VERY good shooter. It was far more than a lucky streak. There is a lot of potential for Facey to grow as an offensive player.

found the clip! the search feature on this board is really good. i had never seen this before.

if i remember correctly, he has only made one three in a game? i remember it being a real highlight from the boatright/hamilton year. i would love seeing facey step up and make a couple of open three's this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom