Facey? | The Boneyard

Facey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anybody heard if he's available or not? We need all hands on deck today and when he's "on" he has a nice habit of being where missed shots land.

Reaction Score
Has anybody heard if he's available or not? We need all hands on deck today and when he's "on" he has a nice habit of being where missed shots land.

he's out again.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I remember a UCONN player ever missing a basketball game with a concussion and now we've had 2 in the last month. I know they are very cautious with head injuries but how can you be out for multiple games, especially tournament games, with a concussion? Maybe im a victim of my 1980's play through anything mentality?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
In the military, you have to sit out of all activities for 24 hours and then get re-evaluated. If a second concussion occurs within a year, the recommended time to sit out increases to 7 days.

It sounds like Kentan has been re-evaluated but may still be having symptoms.

Reaction Score
The doors in the weight room are only 6'6" high and it has resulted in multiple concussions.

Reaction Score
CAHUSKY said:
I'm not sure I remember a UCONN player ever missing a basketball game with a concussion and now we've had 2 in the last month. I know they are very cautious with head injuries but how can you be out for multiple games, especially tournament games, with a concussion? Maybe im a victim of my 1980's play through anything mentality?

The NCAA as a whole has changed with how they handle concussions. The athletic trainers really have to be careful and make sure that athletes are fully cleared of all symptoms. It isn't like gutting it out on a bum ankle for the postseason - it's a straightforward "can't clear him" type of thing that they can't make exceptions for. The guidelines don't leave much wiggle room - if you still have any lingering dizziness, headache, blurred vision, nausea, or don't pass the standard tests, etc., they just can't clear you.

Reaction Score
60267860.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member