Facey | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that wants to see Facey get more minutes?
In 3 minutes yesterday, he had 2 pts, 3 reb (1 offensive), was VERY active, and had another nice shot attempt just roll off the rim.

Now I'm not saying Facey should be starting or anything. But give the kid a few more minutes to show what he's got. How the hell is TO getting minutes over this kid? TO can't rebound, is slow-footed, and a liability on both ends of the floor. TO in 4 minutes yesterday: 0 pts, 0 reb

Every time Facey is in the game, the kid produces. I especially liked the minute or so with Facey at the 4 and Brimah at the 5. I would like to see some of that going forward. Even though Facey's minutes were limited and in garbage-time, I don't know how you can argue that he hasn't earned more minutes going forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been saying that all season that I'd like to see him get more minutes. He comes in for 3 minutes a game and always grabs a couple rebounds. That's what our other bigs average for a full game for christ sakes

Reaction Score
You're not the only one because everyone sees the same thing. Last night was truly a nice little sampling of the kid, the put back the rebounds and even the missed lefty move after coming across the lane, nice move. As KO said "wait until we unleash him"……..I am sure they will give him the time when they feel he is ready, trust in the staff.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Facey is not a 5, and while we're at it, DeAndre is not a 3.

Now that that's out of the way, it's pretty obvious that Facey can rebound better than just about anyone on the team. Would be willing to bet he gets extended minutes in at least one game this year when we're really getting killed on the boards.

Reaction Score
in the few minutes i have seen facey play, i have seen nothing but upside. i can't wait for him to get more minutes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At this point Tyler is a sunk cost and all minutes going forward at the 4/5 should be going to Brimah, Nolan and Facey ( obviously DD/Giffey at the 4 too).

The constant rhetoric here is that Facey isn't a 5, but for crying out loud is Olander doing the job?

We have these 3 guys hopefully here for the next 3, 2 and 3 seasons respectfully. Let's see what they got!

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
For the season Brimah's played 216 minutes and has 39 rebounds, Nolan 200 minutes and 40 rebounds, Olander 158 minutes and 22 rebounds and Facey 57 minutes and 22 rebounds.

Wow facey 1/3 of Olanders minutes and equal rebounds... thats bad for TO

Reaction Score
For the season Brimah's played 216 minutes and has 39 rebounds, Nolan 200 minutes and 40 rebounds, Olander 158 minutes and 22 rebounds and Facey 57 minutes and 22 rebounds.

KFace has the best rebounding PER on the team. But..
It's sad that Shabazz (102), Daniels (79), Boat (60), Giffey (53) and even Kromah (41) have more rebounds than each of our big men. But lets stay positive. Yesterday was the turnaround for our bigs!! Saw a lot of good things from Phil and Brimah

Reaction Score
While I would definitely like to see this (I think huskies and I have been on the KFace train the entire season, especially on twitter) he's right. Brimah and Nolan BOTH had outstanding games yesterday. If they could carry that momentum with them and put together some solid performances for the rest of the season, it would be tough to get minutes for Facey. It's one game however and an extremely small sample size compared to the rest of the season, so I'm still hoping KFace gets to see more of the court. He has great rebounding instincts. Pulling for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom