Facey | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kid played exactly how his HS scouting report says he plays.

Granted it was against a beat down Detroit, but Facey gets off the floor quickly and gets his hands on rebounds while the other players (Both UConn and Detroit) were just starting to jump.

More impressive is his ability to face up and put the ball on the floor for one or two dribbles and get in the lane to be a threat. He's had nice interior big-to-big passes in each of the last two games.

He's going to make a major impact before he is done at UConn. I don't know how much of an impact he makes this year due to all of the players ahead of him, but by March 2015 he and Brimah are going to be devastating.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If he shows that 7 rebounds in limited minutes isn't a fluke, he'll make a big impact this year.

Reaction Score
He's far taller than I expected...I thought he was gonna be more of a 3 but he's a legit 4 and with bulk he can definitely play the 5.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's far taller than I expected...I thought he was gonna be more of a 3 but he's a legit 4 and with bulk he can definitely play the 5.

I'm going the other way. No think he's a stretch four with skills that lend themselves to a pure 3.

His skill set trends towards Donyell Marshall more than Hilton Armstrong. Meaning his skill development will take him further from the basket not closer to it.

Reaction Score
I'm going the other way. No think he's a stretch four with skills that lend themselves to a pure 3.

His skill set trends towards Donyell Marshall more than Hilton Armstrong. Meaning his skill development will take him further.
from the basket not closer to it.
In college he is a 4 . He can defend the four and with Brimah form a shot blocking tandem.
5 is a stretch but certainly doable if neeed . We've played with smaller 5
He certainly has more 3 potential than most guys his size but that has to be developed.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Kid played exactly how his HS scouting report says he plays.

Granted it was against a beat down Detroit, but Facey gets off the floor quickly and gets his hands on rebounds while the other players (Both UConn and Detroit) were just starting to jump.

More impressive is his ability to face up and put the ball on the floor for one or two dribbles and get in the lane to be a threat. He's had nice interior big-to-big passes in each of the last two games.

He's going to make a major impact before he is done at UConn. I don't know how much of an impact he makes this year due to all of the players ahead of him, but by March 2015 he and Brimah are going to be devastating.
Has some game off the bounce too

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In college he is a 4 . He can defend the four and with Brimah form a shot blocking tandem.
5 is a stretch but certainly doable if neeed . We've played with smaller 5
He certainly has more 3 potential than most guys his size but that has to be developed.
He definitely showed a range in the Detroit game that surprised me after watching his play in the Yale game. I want to see how he progresses over the season, but there was a lot of play in the Detroit game that had me excited.

Reaction Score
If he shows that 7 rebounds in limited minutes isn't a fluke, he'll make a big impact this year.
Not so sure he will be a big impact player this year but his athletic ability is outstanding and he is going to be very good down the road. He seems to be the last big in the rotation but maybe he will earn more PT as the year goes on. Facey and Brimah are only going to get better.
Detroit looked like they quit early in the second half so it is really hard to tell too much from that game. This team is going to be fun to watch and we could do some damage in the tourney.

Reaction Score

I think Facey skillset is dripping with potential. The problem is that what he brings to the table on the offensive end is duplicative to what DD does. It is unclear if the rebounding/defense is enough to make up for that duplication.

Brimah, on the other hand, has a unique skill set at both ends, which make him a more immediate fit as a role player.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think Facey skillset is dripping with potential. The problem is that what he brings to the table on the offensive end is duplicative to what DD does. It is unclear if the rebounding/defense is enough to make up for that duplication.

Brimah, on the other hand, has a unique skill set at both ends, which make him a more immediate fit as a role player.
I was going to say his play in the Detroit game reminded me of DD. I would say he is a more athletic version of DD. But he doesn't have the experience that DD has. I'm thrilled and excited with his potential. And I'm cautious because potential isn't always attained. One of the things I enjoy most about sports is observing players when they first start playing, formulating opinions about their future and seeing if my projections prove correct.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
These guys (Brimah, Nolan, Daniels, Facey, Olander) are beginning to remind me of the log-jam of bigs we had in the mid 00s.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree. He clearly has shown that he knows how to play. He needs to gain strength and start seeing his shots go in and his confidence will grow.
He and Tolksdorf both showed that they know how to play the game of basketball.

Reaction Score
I like how he plays, but I don't see a 3 in the least bit. We talked in the Roscoe thread how he had few 3 man skills, yet I think Roscoe is more of a 3 than Facey is. Detroit was literally playing zero defense, can't remember a team who seemed to quit so obviously, so I'd temper some of the expectations. He's going to be a good player though. Just see him as a pure college 4. With added bulk I see Kirk King.

Reaction Score
Facey would have to eat a cow a day and take steroids to be like Kirk King. :)

C

Chief00

Facey's rebounding reminds me a bit like Roscoe's potentially. Of course he is a much smarter player, so I expect more upside.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Watched a good part of the Tulsa UNLV game! Rosco has bulked up. Still plays with lots of energy. Similar game to when he was at UConn but considerably improved. He's still a limited outside shooter and still has a bad handle. But the kid is terrific on defense, able to play the four and five, and has a nose for getting rebounds. Every ball thrown up at the hoop and Roscoe is fighting for position to get the ball.

We've only observed Facey in two games, the Yale game where he was absolutely lost and the Detroit game where he played against a team that quit. Nonetheless we did get a glimpse of what he has in his game and I'd say that he is more athletic than DD but has a lot of DD's game. He appears to be a better passer. He has a better handle than RS, better mid range game than RS, a nose for the ball that is between RS and DD, but not as strong as either of those two players.

It should be a lot of fun watching him develop while at UConn.

Reaction Score
Watched a good part of the Tulsa UNLV game! Rosco has bulked up. Still plays with lots of energy. Similar game to when he was at UConn but considerably improved. He's still a limited outside shooter and still has a bad handle. But the kid is terrific on defense, able to play the four and five, and has a nose for getting rebounds. Every ball thrown up at the hoop and Roscoe is fighting for position to get the ball.

We've only observed Facey in two games, the Yale game where he was absolutely lost and the Detroit game where he played against a team that quit. Nonetheless we did get a glimpse of what he has in his game and I'd say that he is more athletic than DD but has a lot of DD's game. He appears to be a better passer. He has a better handle than RS, better mid range game than RS, a nose for the ball that is between RS and DD, but not as strong as either of those two players.

It should be a lot of fun watching him develop while at UConn.

Hmmmm, wonder if Roscoe can channel his inner Dennis Rodman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom