Facey.. | The Boneyard

Facey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Facey? Did he not get any time in the Maryland game because he is just returning to practice or is he just so far down in the rotation?

Reaction Score
he was allowed to practice the entire time he was under the NCAA review, he's just further back in the rotation. Nolan and Brimah are ahead as Centers, and DeAndre and Niels are going to get the majority of the time at PF. We knew going into the season that there wasn't going to be alot of minutes to go around in the frontcourt because DeAndre was going to play only PF, and Niels would play SF and also back up PF minutes. Right now Olander and Facey are dealing with the minutes crunch, its still a long season though and that can obviously change.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We knew this would happen with a minutes crunch, however we assumed it would be Brimah buried on the bench, instead of Mr Basketball in NY.

D

Deleted member 3149

He adds depth right now. And that's all we need him to do at the moment. So if he comes in and knocks down his free throws like he did, I give him an A on the day.

Reaction Score
Watching him yesterday, it's pretty clear that he has no idea how to play defense right now. That can be learned, but until then he can't be out there when it matters.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So if he comes in and knocks down his free throws like he did, I give him an A on the day.

That cancels the 2 "and 1's" he gave up in about a minute? Easy grader.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Based on his performance against Yale, I would say Facey is behind Olander. He might even be behind Oleander. Several points and several offensive rebounds could be directly or indirectly attributed to his lack of understanding what to do on defense in his short stint in the Yale game.

He reminded me of Nolan's play early last season. Hopefully he progresses like Nolan.

If Phil and Amidah could stay out of foul trouble, I would like to see a line up of the two playing together when UConn has a double digit lead in the second half. I think it would negate teams who are sending four players crashing the boards.

Reaction Score
We knew this would happen with a minutes crunch, however we assumed it would be Brimah buried on the bench, instead of Mr Basketball in NY.

This is exactly right. I think all of us (or at least most of us) overestimated Facey and/or underestimated Brimah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom